xxiii.

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©𝗕𝗢𝗬 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗗𝗢𝗥𝗠

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©
𝗕𝗢𝗬 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗗𝗢𝗥𝗠

✎ ๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑ ✐

YOU WERE BACK IN YOUR DORM. it had already been a few days since your trip with tsukishima and its all that had been on your mind since you got back.

the two of you returned just in time for the start of volleyball season, so you hadn't seen him much since then. you thought your growing feelings then were bad, but now they were uncontrollable. you found yourself regretting the fact that only one of the classes you had with him required you to go to class in person, even if it was only every other week, since it was hybrid.

these newfound feelings were honestly very scary for you because the last thing you wanted was to get hurt again. that was the reason you'd avoided tsukishima in the first place. you knew you were one to get easily attached, so you stayed far away from him. you tried everything, but somehow, your efforts were in vain. eventually, something drew the two of you together. you honestly hated that you lost at this game, but some small part of you was secretly happy you let your guard down.

sometimes, if you listened close enough, you could hear him getting up and getting ready for volleyball practice early in the mornings. it was usually way too early for you to be up, but somehow you always found yourself tuning in for that 45 minutes that he takes to get ready.

when tsukishima had given you his number months before, you never thought you'd actually need to use it. yet, it came in real handy when you couldn't stop thinking about him. you would text him to check up and ask if he'd eaten, and of course he'd respond smugly, teasing you about how "in love with him" you are.

and you'd let him tease you, because you found that you actually adored that part of him, even if he was insufferable sometimes. those late night calls where you'd get to see him all sweaty from practice or all wet from his shower; where you'd finally get to hear his voice that you missed so much. you'd get to see his sleepy eyes and hear his soft breathing when he'd eventually drift to sleep; and you'd always hang up the phone because you realized you couldn't afford to fall for him even more.

it hurt to know that even though the both of you were only separated by a thin wall, you two lived in completely different worlds.

all these weeks, he'd been sneaking up behind you the rare few times he spotted you in the hallways, tugging you around the corner and begging you to come see him at practice. he'd kiss your forehead and tell you how much he misses you and your heart would swell so full that it felt like it would burst...

yet you still denied him.

you still lied and said you were too busy to visit him because you had too much homework, when in reality, you were ahead in all your classes. when in reality, you were just too scared to cross that line because of the stupid question that continued to float in the back of your head: what if he's playing me like all the other girls?