11

Nathalia pulls on the dress from the Kingsman tailor bag that was hanging in her bedroom. She moves the neckline so she can put her pin on her bra, just in case.

"Mr DeVere and the young Miss DeVere," Valentine greets them at the door. "It's a pleasure to meet you"

"I'm awfully sorry," Harry says. "My daughter and I seem to have our dates muddled up"

"No, no, no," Valentine says. "I cancelled the gala because of you. Anybody willing to donate that much deserves their own dinner. Come in!"

"Thank you," Harry says stepping in.

"Miss DeVere," Valentine says. "It is an honour to have you grace my home tonight"

Nathalia holds out her hand, a smile plastered onto her face.

"The pleasure is all mine, Mr Valentine," Nathalia says as the man presses a gentle kiss to her hand.

"Got to admit, I was really intrigued to meet you," Valentine says to Harry. "There aren't many billionaires I don't know"

"I don't doubt it," Harry says.

"And, obviously, I had my people look into your affairs," Valentine says. "And that's some pretty old money you're from. How'd your folks make it?"

"Property, mostly," Nathalia says. "Property and the markets"

"Eleanor enjoys renovating our properties," Harry says a fond smile on his face. "Though she can never quite stick to the budget"

"Extravagant taste?" Valentine asks.

"I enjoy the finer things in life," Nathalia says.

"Nothing questionable, if that's your concern," Harry says.

"Look, I'm just into finding out what caliber person you are," Valentine says. "I'm sure you understand that"

"I most certainly do,"

"Hope you're hungry,"

"I'm famished," Harry says.

"Good, grab a seat,"

Valentine pulls out Nathalia's chair for her and she takes the seat.

"I'll have the Big Mac, please," Harry says.

"A cheeseburger for me please," Nathalia says.

"Great choices," Valentine says. "But nothing beats two cheeseburgers with secret sauce.
Goes great with this '45 Lafite"

"A classic pairing," Harry says. "And may I suggest Twinkies and a 1937 Château d'Yquem for pudding?"

"I like it," Valentine says. "So, you want to donate to my foundation. You are aware that I wound things down in that area, right?"

"Climate change is a threat, which affects us all, Mr. Valentine," Nathalia says. "My father and I share your concerns about the long term effects that will befall our planet and you're one of the few powerful men who seems to share our concerns"

"No, I shut things down, because I wasn't getting anywhere," Valentine says. "Every bit of research kept pointing to the same thing"

"That carbon emissions are a red herring and that we're past the point of no return no matter what remedial actions we take?" Harry says.

"You know your shit," Valentine says.

"I sometimes envy the blissful ignorance of those less well versed in their 'shit'," Harry says. "As Professor Arnold always said 'Humankind is the only virus cursed to live with the horrifying knowledge of its host's fragile mortality.'"

"You know, not a lot of people knew about him," Valentine says. "You like spy movies, Mr. DeVere?"

"Nowadays, they're all a little serious for my taste," Harry says. "But the old ones marvellous. Give me a far-fetched theatrical plot any day"

"The old Bond movies. Oh, man!" Valentine exclaims. "When I was a kid, that was my dream job.
Gentleman spy"

"I always felt the old Bond films were only as good as the villain," Harry says. "As a child, I rather fancied a future as a colorful megalomaniac"

"What a shame we both had to grow up," Valentine says. "Bon appétit"

They get through the food rather quickly and Nathalia begins grabbing her things to go.

"Just give me a couple of days to think over your proposal," Valentine says. "I'll have my people get in touch with yours and it's all good"

"And thank you for such a happy meal," Harry says. "Come along Eleanor"

"Actually, I'd like your daughter to stay for a drink," Valentine says to Harry.

Harry's eyes move to Nathalia who nods and he nods at the man stiffly.

"Of course," Harry says. "I will see you at home dear"

Harry closes the door behind him and Nathalia turns to Valentine who grins at her.

"Now," Valentine says. "Tell me who the fuck you work for"

Nathalia kisses her teeth and shakes her head.

"I don't think so,"

Nathalia spins and kicks Valentine in the face before slamming him to the floor, pressing her heel against his neck.

"Maybe you can tell me why you kidnapped Professor James Arnold," Nathalia says.

"How do you know about that?"

"I know everything," Nathalia says. "So tell me"

"GAZELLE!"

Nathalia lifts the man by his lapels before slamming him down again.

"Get out of there Guinivere,"

Merlin's voice rings through her ears but she ignores it as she presses her heel further into Valentine's neck.

"I'd advise you to start talking," Nathalia says. "Because if I apply the right amount of pressure, I'll crush your windpipe"

"GAZELLE!"

Nathalia sighs before pushing her heel harder onto his neck as the man grabs at her ankle.

A force hits her from behind, sending her sprawling across the floor as a sharp blade whooshes past her face.

"We need her alive!"

Nathalia grunts as she is hauled to her feet with her arm twisted behind her back. A needle is inserted in her neck and she feels her legs buckle as it all fades to black.