5

Nathalia and Eggsy stare at the burnt remains of their home, holding each other tightly when a figure catches their attention.

Nathalia pulls out her gun and points it at the person, Eggsy mimicking her movements as they stare at Merlin.

"Someone decides to wipe out every Kingsman property, every agent, and somehow, conveniently you weren't at home," Eggsy says.

"I could say the same thing about the both of you," Merlin says.

"What, you think we'd kill Roxy and my mate Brandon and my fucking dog?" Eggsy shouts. "You think I'd nearly kill my own girlfriend?"

"No," Merlin says. "You think I would?"

"This thing," Merlin pulls Charlie's mechanical arm from the bag. "Hacked us. Clearly this arm can be remotely controlled. I'm only alive because my address wasn't on the data base with the agents. Whoever Charlie's working with doesn't think that mere staff are missile worthy"

"This ain't funny," Eggsy says, lowering his gun and wrapping his arm around Nathalia again. "Roxy is dead! Everyone's dead! Gone! Do you even care?"

"Pull yourself together," Merlin hisses. "Remember your training. There's no time for emotion in this scenario"

Nathalia wipes her eyes and stands up straight, facing Merlin.

"Now," Merlin says. "As all surviving agents are present, we follow the doomsday protocol. When that's done, and only then, you may shed a tear in private"

"Okay," Eggsy nods. "What's the doomsday protocol?"

"We go shopping,"

Nathalia stares at the shop in front of her before pushing the door open.

"Suit," Merlin says.

Nathalia taps her chest twice and her suit morphs into a black pantsuit before she walks into the shop.

"We're from Kingsman," Merlin says. "We'd like to buy some wine and use tasting room number three please"

They walk into the tasting room as Merlin begins inspecting the walls.

"None of my predecessors has ever been in this situation before," Merlin says. "Thank god. Aha"

Merlin holds up Eggsy's Kingsman pin.

"Remember this?"

"How could I forget?"

Merlin places the small pin into a hole in the crest before the wall moves to reveal a safe.

"Whatever's in that safe is the answer to all our problems," Merlin says.

Nathalia and Eggsy leans forward as Merlin grabs an item from the safe. Merlin turns to reveal a bottle of whiskey.

"Are you having a fucking laugh?" Nathalia asks at the same time as Eggsy's:

"Is that it?"

"I suppose it's upperclass humour," Merlin says. "I don't get it"

"Me neither," Eggsy says. "What the fuck are we supposed to do now?"

"Well the answer is obvious," Nathalia says, causing both men to look at her. "We drink it and pitch ourselves off of tower bridge"

"I don't think that's the meaning behind it, Nat," Eggsy says.

"I think we should drink a toast to our fallen comrades," Merlin says.

Nathalia takes a glass and raises it in the air.

"To Roxy,"

They clink glasses and neck the whiskey.

"Ooh," Merlin says, smacking his lips.

"I can back the drinking the whole bottle thing," Eggsy says.

"To Arthur,"

"Should we do one for JB?" Eggsy asks.

"I think we should," Merlin says.

Nathalia sits in the chair next to Eggsy and moves closer so their legs are pressed against one another.

By the time the whole bottle was nearly gone, Merlin was sobbing into his handkerchief and Nathalia was curled up in Eggsy's lap.

"I should have seen it coming," Merlin cries. "Charlie, the taxi. It's all my fault"

"No, that's bullshit Merlin," Eggsy says. "It ain't all your fault. You're the best bruv"

"The best," Nathalia hums.

"Honestly without you," Eggsy says. "I'd have lost it a long time ago"

"I think we should drink to Scotland," Merlin says and Eggsy takes the bottle.

"I think we've had enough to be honest," Eggsy says.

Nathalia takes the bottle to read the whiskey and she squints her eyes at the words at the bottom.

"Hey, Egs," Nathalia nudges Eggsy. "Am I very drunk or does that look like-?"

"The symbol," Eggsy says. "Merlin"

"Aye?"

"I think we're going to Kentucky," Nathalia says.

"Fried chicken?" Merlin asks. "I love fried chicken"

"Nah, proper Kentucky," Eggsy says

"Nah, proper Kentucky," Eggsy says. "Nat spotted this. Look"

"You know what else I love?" Merlin asks. "Country and Western music"

Nathalia and Eggsy look at each other before looking at Merlin who had begun to sing Country Roads.

"Country roads, take me home, to the place I belong-"

Merlin's song trails off as he stares at the bottom of the bottle where Nathalia and Eggsy were trying to get him to look.

"Let's get a fucking plane," Merlin says.

"Did we do a toast to Shrek?" Nathalia asks.

"Merlin proposed it," Eggsy mutters. "We just drank"