Chapter 23

Chapter 23: Forgotten event

The first week of April, while Raoul's second novel was still ongoing, he was forced to pause it for the meantime. He sullenly glared at Francis while they roam around the seaside in Soubise. In return, Francis only smiled at him and didn't feel any remorse for tattling about his recently developed unhealthy habits.

" Master, I am just worried about your condition. You have been sleeping so late at night every day. "

Francis has told his mother that he was been sleeping late at night. Of course, when his mother Henriette Andresy learned of it, she was furious and forbade him to sleep late at night. Other than being furious, she also told him to stop writing for one week.

Like Francis, she also notices that he has been lacking his usual energy every morning. She has suspicions about it but she would never prove it without evidence. Thankfully, there was Francis who has been frequently with him. He decided to form a testimony and served as a whistleblower.

Thus, in the end, Raoul was proven guilty of his crimes (sleeping late at night) and it was decided that he would be sentenced to being forbidden to write his ongoing novel for an entire week.

It was unforgivable. He wasn't happy with the decision but he still decided to respect his mother's decision. Just like his uncle, Raoul is also a wimp when it comes to his mother. He wouldn't fight back and didn't dare to disobey any of her orders. He has seen the results of an angry Henriette Andresy from his uncle and Raoul doesn't want to follow in his footsteps.

" It is the start of the harvest season in the territory of Soubise... Farmers and fishermen- all of them would have a bountiful harvest. How about we go fishing today young master? "

Raoul didn't reply and just keep his silent. After a few seconds, Francis was starting to get worried. He even thought to himself if he should start kneeling and beg for the young master to speak or reply to him. But then he saw the quirk on his master's lips. A mischievous expression on his face somehow resembles Duke Dreux-Soubise.

" master... "

Francis has a complicated expression on his face. The more he thought about it, his young master was gaining habits and quirks that came from the Duke Dreux-Soubise.

" Well. I'm still upset that I have been interrupted. "

Raoul sighed. Looking at his young master, Francis started to feel guilty. He truly doesn't know the reason for the young master to started writing and creating those stories. Out of the people that were close to the young master, perhaps, Duke Dreux-Soubise is the only one who can understand the young master the most.

Duke Dreux-Soubise has sent him out to protect his nephew. Not just because the Duke was the head of the secret organization only known by the emperor, there were other reasons for the task to protect the young master.

He knows that the young master was an intelligent and strange child. Francis knows that there was an ongoing strange and unknown deal between the Duke Dreux-Soubise and the young master. And the clue for that was his young master's desire to meet people and always attempt to befriend them and hope that those people would have a good impression on the young master.

After a while, Francis decided to ask.

" Those stories, are they important young master? "

Raoul glanced at Francis with an unusually solemn expression and replied.

" Very important. "

After those words escaped on Raoul's lips, there was a forlorn gaze that can be seen in his eyes for a moment and disappeared instantly that some people might reason that it was just an illusion.

" Hey. Do you want to know a secret Francis? "

Raoul beckoned and Francis decided to lean down and listen to what his young master would whisper to him.

" I know some things about the future. "

Francis after hearing about it stared at his young master with doubt. He couldn't help but also asked.

" Is it not 'I can see the future' young master? "

" Hah. Sorry, but I am not a seer. I just happened to have a cheat code. "

There was a self-mocking smile on his lips, as the two of them stared at the beautiful sea and the fisherman that was preparing to leave the shore to catch a fish while riding in his boat.

" You don't believe me don't you Francis? "

Before Francis could reply, Raoul decided to change the topic of the subject.

" Since you delayed my progress on my second novel, how about you do me a favor Francis? Monsieur Durand has sent me an invitation to join him in the scheduled meeting of literary tomorrow morning. "

" Where is it, young master? "

" Hmm. Somewhere around the Sorbonne (University of Paris)- "

" I refuse young master! Don't you have forgotten what happened there, young master?! "

At the question, Raoul started to think. Did something important happen? Raoul asked himself. After a while, he remembered that recently there was a various movement that was uprising around the Sorbonne.

Because of his faulty memory, Raoul have forgotten that there would be something important to happen in January 1870. Because he didn't remember it, Raoul can't interfere with the event.

Victor Noir, a journalist of La Marseillaise died. The cousin of the emperor shot the poor journalist. Then the emperor's cousin was acquitted of the charge and it enraged a lot of people.

Honestly, when Raoul heard of it, he was upset.

After the events, Victor Noir becomes a symbol of revolution. There were a lot of movements that were currently ongoing and he was certain that the commune would rise again a few months later and it would also become known in the next year.

If he could just prevent it... He was certain that there would be still movements and revolutions that would happen. Victor Noir's death wasn't just one of the causes.

Under Francis's gaze, Raoul started to look flustered. Raoul can feel his face heating up in embarrassment.

20 years later after Victor Noir's death, Jules Dalou would create a statue of victor noir laying on his grave. He would create a laying Victor Noir statue that has a very prominent bulge on its pants and it would develop a bizarre myth that the statue can grant fertility and sexual happiness. Because of that, many women would visit the grave. Because of that reputation, Victor Noir's statue would be also called the sexy grave.

When Raoul has first heard about his past life, he stopped functioning and he nearly became stupid for a few seconds. Then he look at the sky and thought of the depravity of humanity and how people are further straying away from morality.

While Raoul was feeling embarrassed about his thoughts, Francis decided to flick his forehead.

" oww.... "

" Young master, what are you thinking? "

" Shut up!! "

Raoul can feel his face burn more from the embarrassment.

Maybe, it was the reason why he have forgotten about it. Raoul has deemed the eccentric superstition as unimportant.