Chapter 33

AN: Finally, The Canon Era has arrived! After 30+ chapters of canon has finally started.

Chapter 33: Sink to the depravity

        Southampton is a port city located in the ceremonial county of Hampshire England. In the future, it would be known as Europe's cruise capital. Southampton is a beautiful place with its maritime heritage and cultural highlights.

And the name of Southampton would also be etched in history and known as the infamous last departure point of the RMS Titanic in another world.

But since this is a parallel world, the future of RMS Titanic to Raoul is uncertain. He wondered if the RMS Titanic would be created at all.

Currently, in the Noahtic's main deck, Raoul was watching the people entering the Noahtic. Beside him was Francis who was staring at the scene below.

" Young master, it is very lively down there isn't it? "

Raoul pursed his lips. A frown was marring his face.

" It is sure lively down there... "

And Raoul couldn't also help but feel disgusted by the attitude of some unpleasant people down there.

Just because they were nobles, what makes them think that they were above the general masses?

Raoul was starting to regret accepting Maestro's Clovis invitation to board the ship so that he could just watch the play.

This is the first thing that he did on returning to England after several years since they have gone back to France in the Year 1873.

But truthfully other than being convinced by the Maestro, Raoul has boarded the ship because the ship's name piques his interest and curiosity.

Noahtic

The name and time are wrong. It was too early and this ship's maiden voyage destination is in Amsterdam. But Raoul wondered if it would suffer the same fate as its counterpart.

It was idiotic of Raoul to join if the Noahtic would suffer the same fate as its counterpart. But he has already taken precautionary measures.

But since the Noahtic would only take a short journey compared to its counterpart the chance of it sinking was very low.

Raoul decided to stop paying attention to the people entering the Noahtic and instead thought about the play that would happen after the Opera titled Cleopatra.

Tonight, the Opera of Cleopatra would happen, and tomorrow the play Titanic would be revealed on stage.

A smile graced his lips as he wondered what would be the reaction of the people towards the play.

" Let's return now, Francis. "

" As you wish, young master Raoul. "

Raoul glared at Francis. The latter then realizes his mistake and hastily apologizes.

" Little brother, let's return to the room, shall we? It was windy and cold here. "

Just like the day when Raoul met Mary, Arthur Rimbaud, and the others, Raoul was once again dressed as a commoner.

-----------------------------

    When the evening of Noahtic arrived, instead of having a normal and pleasant dinner, Raoul's room was currently lively.

Raoul could feel his mouth twitch in irritation as he watched Maestro Clovis and his bonveur troupe spends their time in his room.

" Ahhh, I feel very nervous about tomorrow! "

Silvia, one of the actresses muttered loudly. The leading actor Gabriel nodded his head in agreement before resuming eating his dinner.

Tonight, Raoul's room was very cramped with 10+ people gathered inside his room.

After knocking on his doors, Maestro Clovis together with his leading members of the troupe entered his room casually. Some of the members are eating dinner, and some are discussing how and what should they do for tomorrow.

While Raoul was staring at the troupe while he was close to contemplating pranks for them, Maestro Clovis interrupted his thought.

" Young Master Raoul, are you not interested in watching the Opera tonight? "

Raoul shook his head and sighed.

" Not interested. I'm too tired. I just better sleep for the play tomorrow. "

Hearing those words, a bright smile was revealed on Clovis's face.

" It such a pity that young master is tired. Originally, I would like to ask if you are interested in participating in a play again with us just like last year... But I wish that you would have a good sleep, young master. We also have reserved a seat for you and Francis on the closest seat near the stage. "

" Usually, I would frown upon that kind of blatant treatment. But since I want to watch how would you do the play, thank you Clovis. "

" I should be the one grateful to young master Raoul. "

Raoul then narrowed his golden eyes.

" Don't be grateful to me. I would watch the play. Promise me that it would become a masterpiece and don't you dare to butcher it. Or else..."

The lively atmosphere inside Raoul's room stopped and it turned into a frigid freezer. The chattering stopped as they heard the threat behind it.

Gulping nervously, Maestro Clovis nodded his head.

" I promise, it would not be ruined! "

After that, Maestro Clovis and the Bonveur Troupe left Raoul's room thrumming with so much anxiety and fear in their body.

Watching them, Francis chastised his young master.

" Young master, must you scare them?"

" I'm serious in my threat. There would be hell to pay if the play is ruined. "

-----------------------

In the front seat, Raoul watched the scene before him, his golden eyes narrowed dangerously. Instead of Act 2 of the titanic play, in front of him right now was an act of savagery and depravity.

A noble commits an act of murder as the audience of the play descended into chaos.

" Duke Blitz Indas? "

" Duke? "

" He's a noble?!

" I- I can't believe it. Lord Indas "

" Sir Blitz. So the rumors were true? "

" Killing someone for the hunt is.. "

" Eh? What's that?! "

" Terrible. "

" Murderer!!

" What do you think human life is?!? "

Raoul watched as the noble's expression of despair turned into madness.

" Human life. Do you say? Don't make me laugh, you commoners. What's so bad with killing huh? I'm a noble you know? "

There was a grin of madness on the noble's eyes as he stared before the audience. He then continued his speech of madness on how the commoners were below the nobles and now the murderer is arguing with the noble beside Raoul. The murderer then went to prepare to harm the noble beside Raoul.

" Francis! "

" As you wish, young master. "

Before the murderer could use the knife to harm the noble beside Raoul, a painful grip on his hand stopped him. The murderer then howled in pain as his hold on the knife lightened and it cluttered to the ground. Francis then went to restrain the murderer to the ground.

The man and the guards that were preparing to restrain Duke Indas then look at Francis in surprise.