Chapter 57

AN: Here's the update.

I have recovered from my fever but I still have a cough..

It sucks...

Chapter 57: Reputation and Gifts

    While Raoul has visited Baker Street and spent his time with Sherlock, Dr. Watson, and Miss Hudson, Francis on the other hand is currently in Durham. Standing in front of a Manor while holding a sack in his hand.

His expression looked so unenthusiastic as he greeted Louis James Moriarty with a bow.

" Good day, Monsieur Louis. "

Looking at Francis and the sack that he was carrying, Louis returned the greeting. Inside his mind, Louis was suspicious of the intentions of Francis.

" Greetings, Sir Francis. "

Days ago, since Fred's encounter with the young master Raoul, and informing the others about his goal of befriending the young master and learning more about Raoul, Fred received a letter from Raoul.

The letter contains the details of the young master's servant arriving at the Moriarty Manor at Durham. Other than Durham, there was a Moriarty Manor located in London.

" Monsieur Moriarty doesn't need to address me as Sir. I am only a mere servant. "

Instead of replying to the request, Louis steered the conversation.

" We shall head inside the manor, Shall we? "

At Louis' suggestion, Francis revealed an uneasy glance.

" Monsieur Louis, I only came here to deliver the gifts of my young master. "

With Francis being uncomfortable, a little of Louis's worries are alleviated.

This servant of the young master only came here to deliver the gifts of his young master. However, despite his suspicion of the motives of the young master and this servant, Louis must invite Francis. His brothers William and Albert have told them that it was a great opportunity for them to learn things about the mysterious young master Raoul.

Since meeting the young master and learning the mystery behind him, his two older brothers have been curious to poke around the mysteries behind young master Raoul. Never mind the fact that there was a proverb saying that Curiosity killed the cat. Louis was adamant about his older brother's decision.

They have responded to him that Knowledge is power. When it comes to anomalies, they should learn more things about them rather than let them fester to be a mystery. If this anomaly became dangerous, knowing things about it would be useful.

" Aren't you tired from your travels from Oxford? If I'm not wrong the travel from the trains from Oxford to Durham would take 3 hours at most. "

" It is 4 hours, Monsieur Moriarty. "

" Then, is it not more appropriate for you to take the invitation? "

" I only came here to deliver the gifts, Monsieur. "

At Francis's insistence, Louis narrows his crimson eyes for a brief moment. With a 'smile,' Louis replied.

" As a servant, is it not the servant's duty to uphold the honor of their master? "

With Louis's inquiry (more like a threat ) Francis felt himself bristling and furious inside his mind. He was already cursing Louis for threatening him.

Francis knows that Raoul isn't someone who would care about his reputation at all among the nobles. He was someone who would more care about the impression that he gave to the talented and skilled people that he wanted to impress.