Chapter 60

Chapter 60: The Job Offering to Baker Street Irregulars

     Glancing at Wiggins who was treating him with both annoyance and hostility, and the children standing on his back, Raoul continued.

" Mr Sholmes called me an annoyance? "

Pursing his lips, Wiggins answered.

" I see why he called you an annoyance... "

Narrowing his eyes at Raoul, Wiggins said.

" You are a strange noble according to Sherlock.. "

Wiggins said as he stared at Raoul who was currently dressed in commoner clothes and Francis who was standing at the back.

The information that Sherlock has told him is indeed right.

" Hey, Wiggins. There was a noble who visited on our plat the other day. "

" Why are you mentioning a noble? "

" I have mentioned your name once when the young master was pestering me for some stories about my recent experiences as a Detective... And he was interested in your group. That annoyance says he wanted to meet your group and asked for a request. "

" A noble requesting our services? It sounds so foolish... "

" Wiggins.. "

" What? "

" You should accept the request. "

" Huh? "

" I will tell you the location and time where the young master would be at the place of meeting. "

" What? Why are you telling me that? Did you forget Sherlock, I hate nobles. They are stupid and cruel. "

" This one is different. "

" I don't care how that one is different, that annoyance of a young master must be requesting our services because he wanted to see us humiliated. "

" Wiggins you should accept it. I know that the 2 shillings I give to you and the other children when I hire you to collect information are not enough to fill your stomachs and buy your needs from your day-to-day lives. "

Feeling upset, Wiggins retorted.

" Gathering information and doing odd tasks for you are not our only job! We have other clients in London too! "

Wiggins ignores the gaze of Sherlock. Instead, he turns to look at his friends and family. Butler, Yuri, Green, Sky, and Lead.

They trusted him to decide for them. Wiggins could see beneath their smiles and trust towards him— their gaunt and tired faces.

It is indeed true that the Baker Street Irregulars have clients other than Sherlock Holmes. However, those jobs are risky and usually not on the right side of the law. Wiggins and his friend's lives are often on the line and a risk of danger because of those jobs.

Feeling a hand on his shoulder, Wiggins could hear Sherlock's voice.

" The young master isn't a miser. I know that you and your friends would be paid generously. Whatever job he would ask from you, I know that he wouldn't put your lives in danger. "

Blinking out of his stupor, Wiggins softened his glare and remembered what Sherlock told him. After a little bit, Wiggins says.

" Dressing in commoner clothes aren't you afraid that your reputation as a noble would suffer because of your actions? "