Chapter 28

Chapter 28: Farsight

          In the garden of the Palace, two people were drinking tea and facing each other with the table, refreshments, and sweets within them. Two maids with identical faces were also standing beside the two people who were sitting.

One of the people sitting at the chair smiled, his light blue eyes are twinkling with mirth.

" If I didn't know of it. I thought that you have already replaced me with the Duke's heir. "

The opposite person has curly brown hair and emerald eyes scoffed as he heard the words from his friend.

" If I could, I would replace you with him already. Sadly, my father and I were eternally in service with your family. "

" Ah, don't be like that Louise.. "

The blond-haired Prince smiled wryly as he saw his childhood friend pouting. He also knows that Louise wasn't serious when he said those words.

" I have been studying. It was annoying for you Lionel to interrupt my time spent studying. So, is there something important that I need to know? "

Louise inquired at Prince Lionel. The latter Glance at his attendants. Noticing the Prince's stare, Fayette then took out a book and pass it to the Prince.

Upon seeing the book, Louise Conneau muttered.

" Descent of the War Maiden? "

" Yes, it was the second book published by Nostra Farsight in May. "

Prince Lionel then passed the book to his childhood friend. The latter accepted it frowning.

" Is this the reason why you called me here? You said to me that you aren't an avid enthusiast of Nostra Farsight.. "

Prince Lionel merely hummer as he listened to his childhood friend's doubt. He then decided to ask Louis.

" It appears that you have already read this book. Can I hear your opinion about it? "

Louis narrowed his eyes as he heard Lionel. But he still complied with his request.

" Just like his first book, the descent of the War Maiden ended in tragedy. Just like the previous book, it also depicts the atrocity of War. From what could I tell and based on speculations of the other people, The Descent of the War Maiden and Metamorphosis of Faust are based in the same world. Also, it appears that the Descent of the War Maiden was some sort of Prequel to the Metamorphosis of Faust as it happened thousand years ago. "

Louise then paused as he took a sip of tea to alleviate his parched throat. Prince Lionel who was staring intensely at his friend asked.

" Anything else that you wanted to add, Louise? "

" ... It was then theorized that the protagonist was based and an amalgamation of both of our French Saint and the Valkyrie of Norse Mythology Brynhildr. "

" So what's your opinion about it, Louise? I didn't call you to hear about other people's opinions from your mouth but yours. "

Louise glared when he heard Lionel say those words. But he acquiescence to the request of his childhood friend.

" It was a unique story and I don't like the tragic ending of the story. But I think that it was a good story. "

Sighing, Louise stared at his friend who was smiling at him.

" It wasn't really about the story that you called me right? I thought you dislike Nostra Farsight. "

If it was just about this story, Louise would be pissed. What he disliked the most was his study time being interrupted.