Chapter 30

The days continued to flow like a serene river, it had been a week since that family date at Ueno Park. It had been a week since Kenma told Suki about her birth mother and that he isn't her dad but her uncle. It had been a week since then, and yet things had barely changed.

If anything, it didn't change at all.

Suki is still her usual self, her behaviour around Kenma didn't change a bit, except for that one time when she heard what Kenma said, but that was already cleared.

It's true that humans can adapt to things quite well, and Suki as a child has a lot more room to grow but her considerate and understanding nature outweighs her somewhat constant stubbornness when it comes to other trivial matters.

Things didn't change at all since that time, and Kenma hope to keep it that way.

"Daddy, where are we going?" Suki asked as she looked up at Kenma who's holding her hand while walking up the flight of stairs.

"We're going to see your birth mother."

"Birth mother," Suki muttered, finger on her chin as she thinks about the word and realized it a moment later. "Daddy's older sister."

"Yeah,"

When Kenma picked Suki up to school earlier that afternoon, he decided to take her to where Kana's final resting place is. And while you were left at home, Kenma also hope you could have come but you said it would be better if it's just the two of them who'll go this time.

As Kenma got near, Suki looked around. She noticed the place have gravestones and an eerily peaceful atmosphere that the little girl must have sense as she moved closer to Kenma.

"Daddy," she muttered and Kenma carried her as he continued to walk, stopping at the gravestone where Kana's name was engraved along with her picture.

"Daddy, is she Suki's birth mother?" the little girl asked when she noticed the picture and Kenma nodded, bending down as she placed Suki on the ground and the little girl leaned on his knee. "Does she look like Suki?"

"Yeah, you look very much like her," he answered, looking at Suki before Kenma brushed the little girl's hair behind her ear. "And there were times when you had taken a lot of her traits."

"Is that a bad thing?" Suki asked, tilting her head and Kenma chuckled lowly, his smile that didn't quite reach his eyes before he averted his gaze to look at the picture.

"No, it wasn't a bad thing," he answered, voice a bit low. "If anything, I'm glad you take after her. She was a humble yet strong-willed person."