Mi eterno amor secreto (F!Reader) part 3

a/n: this one's short! Also, lyrics in this and next part are taken from Mi eterno amor secreto by Marco Antonio solis

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It is better that we follow other paths

And may this farewell be for the good of all

I'll invent some way to live without you

The clouds were grey and the wind was cold as Pepa held her sister's hand while the town said goodbye to you and your boyfriend. Alma tried to change your mind for her daughter's sake but ultimately wished you two luck. Julieta just squeezed Pepa's hand. She didn't say a word, she didn't move. She didn't shed a tear. She only watched as her better half left.

Oh, how she wished it was her arm around your shoulders. How she wished it was her you would build your life with. How she wished she was in his place.

I swear to you that no one else

Will love you like me

But today, for you, my chest burns

Because it hurts to tell you that

I've been late for you

_______________

You tried to focus on the road. You tried to find comfort in Julián's arm around you. But you couldn't. You only wanted to turn around, run to the life you were leaving and throw yourself into Julieta's arms. You didn't want to leave her.

Why did it take you so long to realize your feelings for her? Why did you have to wait until last night to acknowledge the calm and warmth that filled your body whenever you were with her? And most importantly, why didn't you fight for it? Why didn't you stay? Why didn't you take back this decision that was quickly feeling like a huge mistake? You liked Julián, sure, but you knew this wasn't for him. He could never be more important to you than Julieta. So why were you still by his side? The answer was simple: you were a coward.

Last night, when you realized your feelings for Julieta, you also knew that you could never be with her. She was your best friend, your other half, but you were sure she'd never feel the same way about you. And her rejection scared you to the point where it was easier to leave the damned town. But it didn't mean it didn't hurt.

Against your better judgment, you looked back to her. Her figure slowly became tinier and tinier as you got away from her and your past life.

Even if I don't see you again

in the distance, you will always be

My eternal secret love

_______________________

As time went over, life became a little easier for her.

The first days, weeks, months, years, after you left, were the worse. Julieta wouldn't even want to eat. Her food didn't taste the same, but as it still worked to heal, Alma decided to let the villagers know that they could take it or heal themselves. No pressure over her poor girl that just got her heart broken (yes, Bruno and Pepa told her everything and she felt guilty for letting you go and allowing her sweet Julieta to get hurt).

Pepa and Bruno missed their sister. She'd only leave her room to cook for the town and then she'd go back to lock herself. They spend months without seeing her more than a few minutes per day and Alma had to keep Pepa from leaving Encanto and bring you back. The redhead even asked her brother to have a vision to know if Julieta would be fine or if she was broken for good. And he did, but the young man refused to tell anyone what he saw. "It could change if I tell you!" He said. Pepa didn't talk to him for days but gave in when she felt lonely.

With time, they managed to get Julieta out of her room. She was skinnier due to her bad habits, but at least it was a start. It took them a lot of effort to get her to talk and joke with them like she used to. And slowly, she began to feel better. She never stop thinking about you, but it hurt a little less each day that passed.

I'm going to pretend that you didn't exist

And you forget that you ever saw me

She often thought about you and wished you'd be living your best life. She promised that she'd be fine because she had promised you the night you said goodbye to her. And she never broke a promise. She'd be fine, for you, for herself, for her family.

And for that little sparkle of hope that never faded. The one that whispered to her "maybe she'll be back tomorrow", even after years went by.