I do (F!Reader) part 2

You tried not to scream with excitement, not to run back home, not to pull the brunette next to you too hard not to pull her arm out, you really tried not to make a fuss, but it was unavoidable.

It didn't matter that you hadn't done any of that, but the little giggles that escaped you, the huge smile on your face, and all the energy you radiated, was enough for more than one person to look at you amused. Oh well, they knew why, so it didn't matter.

"Amor, wait" Julieta told you, but her tone betrayed the same happiness that you felt "we're going to fall if you continue like this"

"I'm sorry" you answered, but you didn't slow down "I really need to get home"

The woman just laughed at the little squeal of excitement you made and she drifted obediently, occasionally nodding to the people who watched you go by, who only smiled back or shouted their congratulations. You guys had really been lucky to end up in that town.

It had been months since you escaped from Encanto, and despite the fact that the sad and painful memories of the place that had seen you both grow up were far from fading from your mind, the truth is that you could already say that you had found a new home.

Santa Martha was a small town, even smaller than the one you had left behind, but it was warm and welcoming, and its inhabitants were kind, wonderful, and willing to receive a couple of lost girls who only carried a couple of small suitcases and hope in their tired eyes

Don Manuel, the local carpenter, had been kind enough to let you stay with him and his wife while you rested and planned things better. It had been easy to open up to him and, despite the fact that at first, you hadn't told all the details of your trip, you did confess that you had escaped from a forced marriage to be happy with the woman who was by your side.

At first, you were worried about his reaction. Two women together? You knew that not everyone agreed with that (although it really wasn't their fucking business), but after so many days walking around aimlessly, you were afraid of angering your hosts and condemning your girlfriend to go back to sleep at the mercy of nature, you didn't think Julieta could bear one more night of restless dreams (she never said anything out loud, but you both jumped a little every time thunder rolled overhead, filling you with fear that you'd been followed).

Fortunately, both he and his wife had only laughed and applauded your determination to be happy. According to them, young people willing to do what their hearts dictated was what was needed in this world. You and the brunette smiled at each other and that night you slept in each other's arms and in peace for the first time in days, with the certainty that you were in the right place. Thus began a beautiful friendship with the older couple and your story in the place.

After resting for a few days, both you and your girlfriend sought to help in whatever way you could, as payment for the hospitality. It wasn't hard for Julieta to get a little job at the local bakery, and you quickly learned carpentry with Don Manuel.

The plan had been to stay a few weeks, long enough to rest and resupply, and pay off your debt to the town, before continuing on your way, but the months passed and the idea faded from your mind, and by the time you realized it, you and your brunette were already furnishing a small house that you had built with everyone's help.

It hadn't been what you had in mind when you escaped from Encanto, but any start with Julieta was a perfect start for you. After that, it was only a matter of time before things flowed naturally.

People found out about your girlfriend's gift, and despite many being skeptical, they didn't hesitate to embrace that quirk with the same warmth that they welcomed you. You were surprised that you had not been kicked out of town, but you were extremely grateful for such a blessing. The hard part was the rings.