Mi eterno amor secreto (F!Reader) Epilogue

You took a deep breath as you slowly saw the town appearing in the distance. God, how much you missed it, your beautiful Encanto. Life outside it was...interesting, it definitely taught you a lot! But you couldn't find another place to call home, no matter how much you tried.

Even after you and Julián broke up (you ended in good terms, tho. You just were better as friends), you decided to continue traveling the world. But you always felt the need to return. So, after thinking about it for a long time, you decided it was time. You wanted to go home. It didn't have anything to do with the pair of brown eyes you dreamed of every night since you left.

If you were honest, you didn't know what would happen. Would you even be welcomed back? Well, the mountains already let you in, so it was a good sign, right? But more than that, what would she think about you coming back? Your feelings for her never disappeared (that's why you really didn't care when you broke up with Julián), but would she even still want to be your friend?

"Just a way to find out" you thought and continue your way

The weather was nice and you smiled at the thought of Pepa being happy. You missed her and Bruno too! They were also your friends, you even brought gifts for them! If they accepted them of course. You stopped at the river thought. You didn't know what to do. Should you go check to see if your old house was still there? Should you go to the Madrigal house and see if Alma accepts you back in town? You didn't know.

"Y/N?"

You jumped and turned to see Bruno hidden behind a tree. You smiled at the sight of him and wished to run and hug him, but you knew that he could get scared. So you just waved at him and waited until he walked up to you.

"Hi Bruno" you said "I missed you"

"You did?" he looked surprised for that

"Of course! Life isn't the same without your stories"

"I'm sure you found better ones out there" he said but still smiled

"Nope, not even close. No one has your touch" you promised.

You two giggled and you silently asked him for a hug by opening your arms. He hesitated for a moment before closing the distance between you two and hugging you tight. He missed you too and had been waiting for this moment for years.

"I got you something!" you said giving him a small box "But you don't really seem surprised to see me" you raised your eyebrow

"Thank you" he said softly, taking his gift "W-well...when you left, Pepa asked me to see if you'd ever come back, so..."

"You knew I would" you smiled when he nodded "I'm assuming your sister hates me"

"Which one?" he asked "Pepa was mad, and she'll be again when she sees you, but I'm giving her 3 minutes before she hugs you tightly"

"Good to know I won't be hit by a lighting today" you joked "...and Julieta?"

Bruno stopped for a moment and took a deep breath. You felt guilty coming back to you.

"She...she was hurt. She still is" he said "I...I'm not sure how she'll react, it wasn't clear in the vision, but I know she still looks outside the window, hoping to see you...She's still waiting for you"

He gave you a moment to think about it. You felt a weird mix of hope, fear, guilt, and love. She was still waiting for you, she still cared about you! But you left her, you didn't choose her when you had to, what if she wouldn't forgive you? But you couldn't back down now, not when you finally had the chance to see her again, even if it was for her to yell at you. It would be worth it.