We want that one (J x R x A) part 1

"Julieta! My dear"

The dark-haired woman turned to see an old woman with a warm smile slowly approach her.

"Good morning, Mrs. Olivas, how are you?" Julieta smiled

"I'm fine, dear, thank you" replied the other "I'm glad to see that you are not very busy"

"It has been a surprisingly calm morning" agreed the younger woman "can I help you?"

"Oh yes. You see my dear, my niece Y/N will be moving here in a few days"

"Really?" Julieta blinked. Her mother hadn't said anything "that's great! I hope she'll like it here"

"I'm sure she will" the lady chuckled "anyway I wanted to see if you could give me a few arepas to have in case of emergency. You see, I love that girl as if she was my own, but god knows she is a magnet for misfortunes "

"I know the type" Julieta laughed, thinking of her adored husband "I will gladly give you a few"

"Oh dear" Mrs. Olivas laughed with her "I assure you that my Y/N is even worse than dear Agustín"

"Really?"

"I give her about two hours after her arrival before we have to visit you."

The two women laughed as Julieta gave her a few arepas. She was intrigued, it was obvious that the woman adored you, and it was not common to have new settlers, so she was already looking forward to meeting you.

________________________

Two hours turned into two days and then a week. Mrs. Olivas had said that you were worse than Agustín, but her husband had already had at least 5 accidents and neither you nor your aunt had shown up yet. Julieta supposed that the woman had simply been exaggerating.

Either way, that a newcomer to the Encanto didn't introduce themselves to the Madrigal family, was rare. Casita was usually the first stop on the tour that people gave to their newly arrived relatives and the lack of introduction was starting to raise everyone's suspicions, especially when Dolores said she could hear you have all kinds of accidents, but you'd never come to ask for her, and Julieta was sure that the arepas she gave to Mrs. Olivas had already been used.

"Do you think they're hiding something?" she asked her husband as the two walked through town. The brunette didn't want to sound paranoid like her mother, but she couldn't help it.

"Maybe she's just a shy girl." Agustin shrugged.

"Maybe you're right," she smiled.

The two just kept walking, trying to forget the situation for a while. But fate likes to joke, and only a few minutes later they bumped into someone. As always, Agustín got the worst of it, with you falling on him.

Julieta watched in surprise as you and her husband seemed lost in each other's eyes for a few moments. Surprisingly, that didn't bother her, on the contrary, it seemed to arouse her interest in you more.

"Sorry!" you said, standing up quickly and helping him "did I hurt you, sir?"

"No, no, don't worry" he smiled at you, but you could see a blush on his cheeks.

"Are you ok?" the woman asked, moving a little closer to you.

Woah, you were so much prettier up close. It was Agustín's turn to witness how his wife was lost in those impressive eyes e/c that had captivated him a few minutes before. You seemed to have the whole life in them.

"Yes, yes" you smiled at her "I'm used to bumping into...well, everything" you laughed

"ah, you must be Y/N" the woman smiled "your aunt mentioned your tendency to have accidents. A pleasure to finally meet you, I am Julieta and this is my husband Agustín"

"The pleasure is mine" you shook her hand "of course that would be the first thing Aunt Atha mentioned about me" you rolled your eyes affectionately

"She seemed a little...worried." Julieta smiled. She seemed unable to stop doing it while she was facing you.

"Well, these days she has realized that she doesn't have to be" she joked, although they didn't get the meaning "well. Nice to meet you, but I should go, it's supposed to be my turn to cook. Again, I'm sorry, Agustín"

"D-don't worry," he said, still blushing.

You said goodbye to them with a smile and a small wave. The spouses looked at each other, silently sharing everything they needed to know. Both of them had felt something for you, for a little girl who could easily be their daughter, but with just one meeting you had already been etched in their minds. Both knew what the other was thinking: we want that one.

Then, a loud crash sounded behind them, causing them to turn quickly to see you lying on the ground, face down. You grunted as you stood up and Julieta gasped when she saw your bloody nose, you had definitely broken it. Unfortunately, she no longer had any arepas or anything you could eat.

However, just as Agustín was going to run off to get more of the kitchen at Casita, you rolled your eyes in annoyance and simply rearranged your nose, which immediately healed. The only trace left of the accident was the blood on your face, although you quickly took a handkerchief out of your pocket to wipe yourself.

Neither Julieta nor Agustín knew how to react. You had healed yourself. That's why Dolores had heard you have so many accidents, but you had never gone to ask for help. Because you didn't need it. Well, this...this was a twist neither of them expected.

Paying no attention to the thousand questions that formed in their heads and totally oblivious to the way their eyes followed you, you jumped up and continued on your way. Agustín turned to look at his wife.

"You saw the same thing as me, right?" he asked

"Yep"

"she healed herself"

"Yep"

"...are we sure we want that one?"

Before Julieta could reply, another knock was heard, followed by some dogs barking and your exasperated yell of "Me lleva la madre!!!" The two adults blinked before chuckling softly.

"Yup. We want that one"