Perfect (F!Reader)

You paced back and forth while whispering to yourself and unconsciously tugging on your braid. From the moment you woke up you knew it was going to be a difficult day, but you didn't expect this to happen.

You were having your baby.

Well, technically, your wife was having your baby, but that just made you even more nervous. You had been married to Julieta for almost five years and had known her since she was 13, you knew that she was a strong woman and that everything will be fine. But you shouldn't even be in this situation.

When you first started dating, you two knew that things would be different for you than for other couples. You were both women, people were talking, there were not-so-friendly looks, but you hadn't cared. You loved each other, Pepa and Bruno treated you like another sister, Alma adored you. There was nothing to separate you from Julieta.

The only thing that had weighed on your hearts was the realization that you could never have a family. Pepa and Félix had been quick to assure you that when they had children, they would be as much yours as theirs, and you and your wife had agreed that you would love your nephews with all your soul. But still, they would not be yours. It had hurt, but you two had made peace with it.

But then, the miracle that had blessed the Madrigals had decided to give you your own miracle, and a few weeks later, Julieta had surprised you (and the whole family) with the news that she was pregnant. You had almost passed out.

You were happy, of course you were! After having to come to terms with the idea that you couldn't have children, life, the Encanto, had blessed you with the possibility of having a family of your own. But then came the realization and the terror.

Both you and Julieta had been very careful throughout the pregnancy, you never let her carry heavy things or make a lot of effort, you helped her with what you could and you rarely left her. She had told you it wasn't necessary, but you could see in her eyes how grateful she was for you.

And now, the dreaded day had arrived.

Julieta had gone into labor about half an hour ago and Alma had sent you and Pepa out until you calmed down. Pepa was also pregnant and Félix was doing his best to make the gray clouds over the house disappear. But there was no one to calm you down.

"clear skies, clear skies"

You closed your eyes and concentrated on your sister-in-law's voice, trying to hold on to something so you wouldn't lose your head. The minutes were dragging on you and you didn't even care when the sky finally broke and the cold rain fell on you.

_____________________________

Julieta smiled when the door opened and you rushed in. Alma was puzzled when she noticed that you were soaking wet and your wife worried for a moment.

"What happened?" she asked you

"Your sister is worried too" you joked lightly, taking her warm hands "how are you?"

The brunette smiled sweetly at you and you felt your heart melt, god you really loved her. You caressed her cheek and she leaned into your touch, placing a soft kiss on the palm of your hand.

"Better now that you're here" she told you

You smiled. You were sure it was a comment to her mother, a form of protest for kicking you out and making her go through childbirth alone, but it didn't matter, you were here with her now.

"And the baby?" you asked tentatively

At that moment, your mother-in-law approached you with a small bundle in her arms. She hesitated for a moment to give you the newborn because of your wet clothes, but her daughter told her with a look that it was better for her not to comment on it.

"Congratulations. She's a girl" she told you, handing you your daughter before leaving the room

You stared at the peaceful face of the little miracle in your arms and felt the tears coming quickly. You had never felt so much love for someone as at that moment and you knew that you would do anything for her.

"She looks like you" you whispered

Julieta just laughed, resting her head on your shoulder, not caring about the coldness of the fabric. She silently thanked you for this opportunity and lovingly kissed your cheek.

"Do we have a name yet?" Asked

"How about...Isabela?" she answered

"Perfect" you smiled "just like her"