I didn't want to love you but I do (F!Reader)

a/n: Reader's in her 20′s here while Julieta's 50. Don't read if you're uncomfortable with age gaps.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pepa smirked when she saw you approach her sister's food stall. You held your right arm against your chest and it looked bad if she was being honest, but she knew one buñuelo and you'd be perfect. It was Julieta's reaction to seeing you that she was looking forward to.

Look, Pepa was not a cruel woman, of course she cared about you! You were probably Dolores' closest friend and you got along wonderfully with Isabela too, but it was no secret to her that her older sister had become...fond of you.

That's not to say that she was completely in love with you.

But of course Julieta would never say anything. The brunette wasn't even able to accept her feelings for you in front of her. And Pepa understood it, you were in your 20's, you were young enough to be her daughter and you were good friends with Isabela and Dolores, of course she would never act on her feelings.

But that didn't mean that Pepa couldn't have fun making her sister's life miserable.

"Y/N!! Honey, what happened to you?" she said, running to your side

"Oh, I fell from a ladder, ma'am" you replied smiling softly

"Ay niña, what are we going to do with you?" the redhead lightly reprimanded you.

She tried not to smile too much when she saw that her sister was already looking at you with flushed cheeks and a concerned frown.

"Come on, you'll be fine after un buñuelo"

"B-but ma'am, I'm already in line"

"Nonsense, you're like family! There are no lines for the family! Besides, Juli will love to see you"

You tried not to sigh too loudly as you let the redhead drag you to the front of the line. You knew, or at least hoped, that your best friend's mom didn't know about your crush on her sister, but you still couldn't help but blush.

You really didn't know how it started. Ever since you, Dolores and Isabela were little girls, you remembered feeling a special warmth every time the oldest triplet smiled at you or caressed your cheeks or defended you from her daughter and niece. Julieta was a mother in all word, she radiated warmth and comfort, not only in her food, but in the way she smiled and hugged, and you had admired her growing up.

But the older you got, that admiration turned into something more. Something much more carnal, passionate and dangerous. That's why you stopped going so often to Casa Madrigal. You didn't want to ruin the beautiful friendship you had with Isabela and Dolores, and much less did you want to make the older woman feel uncomfortable.

But fate (and your best friend, it seemed) had other plans and you constantly ran into her, either by chance while you were at the market, or because you had some medical emergency or because you literally ran into her (it had been very embarrassing having to pick up all her vegetables while you were apologizing and you hadn't been able to see her in the eye for a week) or just because Dolores (and sometimes Isabela) would drag you to Casita when she thought it had been too long since your last visit.

Either way, you were constantly meeting Julieta Madrigal and that was not doing your little heart any good. You knew you should let go of that stupid crush. The woman could be your mother, for God's sake!! But you couldn't help it, she was a very kind and affectionate woman and the more the years went by, the more beautiful you saw her.

But this was not the time to think about that. Pepa had stopped you right in front of the woman of your dreams and her chocolate eyes were scanning your entire soul.