Goldie

Julieta knew something was wrong ever since you and Antonio turned down her offer to make cookies with her. Of all her sister's children, Toñito was the one she spent the most time with, if only because he loved being with you and you rarely left your wife's side, so the three of you would end up spending the day together.

She wasn't complaining, she loved her nephews and daughters alike, but the way you two hurriedly left Casita with fake smiles and the silent way you tried to sneak back didn't reassure her. It also didn't help that Casita tried to distract her while you and Toñito walked behind her.

Look, she loved you more than anything, but she also knew you better than anyone, she knew who she married, and she knew you could be chaotic without supervision. And after the couple of visitors they've had at home in the last hour, she'd better make sure you and Antonio weren't in trouble.

The brunette stopped what she was doing, wiped her hands, and took off her apron before going upstairs, a little nervous about what she might find when entering her room. She was a little surprised that you two went into hers and not the boy's, but at least she wouldn't waste time trying to find you in the jungle in her nephew's room.

"Y/N, Antonio, is everything alright here?" she asked, opening the door.

You jumped up and quickly tried to hide something behind you as Antonio rushed to his aunt's side, with a smile so big that his cheeks must be hurting.

"Tía Julieta, hi" he said "the cookies are ready?" he asked nervously

"Maybe you should go back to the kitchen, Juli, we don't want them to burn, do we?" you added

"They are ready and the stove is off, nothing will burn" she answered, raising an eyebrow "now, what are you two hiding?"

"Nothing!" you said a little loudly "Don't worry mi amor, everything is fine, nothing to worry about, why don't you go back to what you were doing? I'm sure you were busy"

"Yes aunty, you looked busy"

Julieta blinked as Antonio tried to gently push her out of her own room. Something was definitely up. She crossed her arms and carefully walked around her nephew, walking back into the room and closing the door behind her.

You swallowed when your wife walked straight up to you and even though you tried to stop her, she managed to get around you and look at what was behind your back. You and Antonio looked at each other nervously while the brunette was silent for a moment.

In front of her was a small fish tank, with a small goldfish happily swimming back and forth. Strange, yes, but perhaps at another time it would have been cute. However, one of the visitors that afternoon came quickly to Julieta's mind and she turned to you, her eyes wide.

"Please tell me that's not the fish Sra. Pezmuerto has been looking for. Tell me the truth" she said

"Well, I can't do both, Julieta!" you said, shrugging

"Y/N!"

"What?"

"You stole a fish?! And you took Antonio with you?!" she scolded you

"No, no, no. We rescued it" you corrected her "besides, technically, he took me"

Julieta looked at you puzzled before looking at her nephew. Antonio looked down at his feet and fiddled with the edge of his shirt for a moment. He didn't like it when his aunt looked at him as if he had done something wrong.

"Pollito?" she softly asked "what happened? and I want the truth"

"I...I heard him, tía" he replied meekly "I was passing by Sra. Pezmuerto's house and I heard him asking for help, so I came for Y/N to help me. He was suffering, he was dying in that little fishbowl, tía"

"Toñito couldn't keep hearing him scream, Juli" you said softly

Julieta was silent for a moment. She knew that her nephew's gift, like those of the entire family, might sound wonderful, but it had a less beautiful counterpart. It was not uncommon for Antonio to come to you or to her sad for having heard what nature had in store for animals according to the food chain. But it was the first time he had tried to intervene, so it really must have been too much for him.

"This is different from the food chain" Antonio said as if reading the woman's thoughts "This fish was suffering because of a lady who doesn't know and isn't interested in learning how to take care of it...it wasn't fair"

"Did you enter her house?" your wife asked you, briefly ignoring the boy.

"No" you promised "She had him on the patio. In the sun. Anyone could have taken it."

"Doesn't mean you should have!"

"He was dying, Julieta!"

Julieta looked at you for a moment and then at Antonio before sighing. You had a good point. She was in no way supporting the robbery, but she had to admit that this woman had already lost many fishes several times, before and after Bruno's vision, so something must be wrong with her.

"Then may I ask why you brought him here?" she said "Why not to Toñito's room?"

"Because Pepa will inevitably search his room once she knows the fish is missing" you said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Why didn't you release him into the river?"

"He's small, he doesn't know how to survive alone" Antonio said "besides, they took him out of there, they could fish him again"

"That doesn't answer why you brought him here" Julieta raised an eyebrow

"You have a huge garden with a big pond in the middle of your room, Juli" you said "don't be selfish"

Your wife jumped a little at your tone, but she rolled her eyes lovingly at the slight smile that tugged at the corner of your mouth. You really knew how to drive her crazy.

"Please, tía" Antonio begged "can he stay here?"

"Please, Juli" you joined him "I'll do whatever you want"

Julieta looked at the two of you, hating how her will immediately broke at the puppy faces you were making. She should consider treason that you had taught Toñito one of your best weapons against her.

"Fine" she sighed in defeat "but you're going to take care of him" she said, pointing to Antonio "and I'll talk to you later" she pointed to you

"Yes, tía!"

"Yes ma'am!"

You and Antonio high-fived before he hugged his aunt's legs and she rolled her eyes as she patted his head.

"You're the best, mom hen" he said

"I know, Pollito"

__________________________

"You have to admit that little Goldie brings an extra touch of life to the garden, mi amor" you said, hugging your wife from behind.

The brunette rolled her eyes, remembering the awkward moment she had to go through at dinner when her sister asked Toñito if he knew anything about the missing fish. On the one hand, she supposed it was a good thing that the sweet boy didn't know how to lie, but that had left you and her juggling to cover up your little crime.

"Goldie?" she asked, turning in your arms to look at you with a raised eyebrow.

"Antonio said that was his name" you shrugged your shoulders "And I'm not going to judge anyone's name, especially a fish's"

"I guess it fits" she admitted

Your pulse quickened a little as she smirked and wrapped her arms around your neck to draw you closer to her. You could smell the cinnamon and apple, mixed with something that was just her. It was intoxicating.

"But if I remember correctly, you said you would do anything if I let Goldie stay."

"And I suppose you already have something in mind?" you smiled, putting your hands on her hips

Julieta's smirk just widened before she pulled you in for a deep kiss. Her tongue quickly found a home in your mouth and from the firm way she dominated the kiss, you knew you were in for one of those rare but beautiful nights when she was in full control.

"Bed, now" she ordered when she broke away

"Yes ma'am"