37

[To my loyal reader,

Congrats on your graduation! Now, you embark on a new journey: adulthood and college!! (least favorite phases in life imo 😭) Always remember that I'm rooting for you 💐 Keep striving! Lobe uuu ♡]

JUNGKOOK's POV

"Guys, a little heads up" Taehyung called for our attention "I invited the other three so if you see them, please don't fight. If not for my sake, then for them. Okay?"

We all nodded.

"But why invite he who must not be named?" Yoongi asked, a hint of annoyance in his voice

Taehyung pursed his lips "I know you're upset but I personally believe that Voldemo- I mean Jin hyung is another victim"

"I'm way past that. But does the notion of having sex with his sister by blood doesn't faze you?" Yoongi added

"That's his personal life, hyung. I know its disgusting but he did it knowing he wouldn't hurt anyone" I spoke

"Then imagine Namjoon doing it to Namjin. Would he still look the same in your eyes?"

Everyone else groaned in disgust. "Ew, sunbae. Don't say it like that" Kai sunbae said and covered his ears

He scoffs loudly "Oh sure. Let's ignore the elephant in the room for the sake of friendship. That sounds nice"

We're now in Taehyung's house, celebrating his pool birthday party. It's only a simple celebration, with just us his friends and with the addition of Kai hyung who surprisingly introduced himself as now Hobi hyung's boyfriend, and Jackson hyung. Y'know, the usual people.

"Min, just don't" Jackson pleaded

"For me. Please" Taehyung added. He was serious with his plea. And so, Yoongi said nothing in reply.

I took a bite of the macarons sitting on the table. The second we all gathered, the air tensed. I feel bad for Taehyung. It's his first birthday with new friends but this happens.

"Yo, Jimin" I greeted the lil mochi who was quietly sitting on the edge of the pool. He splashed his feet on the water while gazing at it blankly.

"Hey" he said, still in a trance

"Are you okay?"

"No"

I hugged him tight. He rested his head on my chest while saying nothing

"Stay strong. I'm here for you"

"Thanks, Kook"

After a few minutes with him, I left him to go talk with Taehyung. I originally planned to chill with either Hobi hyung or Yoongi hyung, but both had company. Taehyung seemed he needed some time alone but I think he needs someone to talk to right now.

"Happy birthday, bro!" I greeted as I wrapped an arm around him

He smiled and thanked me in return. His quiet demeanor at the moment truly shows he's going through a rough time.

"Lighten up, b-boy. What could possibly go wrong?"

"I don't know... I'm too scared to even think of it"

I patted his shoulder "C'mon, don't be like that. It's your day today! Plus, New Year is just hours away! A double celebration!"

He grimaced "I'm not really in the mood..."

I only continue to embrace him in silence. Sometimes presence can be more comforting than advices.

"If you're feeling this way, then I'll just let you in a secret. And it's something unexpected"