42

Tw: suicide

"Taehyung... I'm tired" said Jimin, who is standing on the edge of a cliff. Tear stains were evident on his cheeks. It seemed like he was crying for a long time.

Taehyung, obviously panicking, inched closer with his hand stretched out to reach his friend "Don't say that! We can go through this together!"

The other shook his head and smiled sadly "I've had it. This is goodbye"

"No!!"

And with that, he let himself fall off the cliff

"JIMIN!!"

Taehyung woke up, drenched in sweat. His body wouldn't stop shaking. He then hugged himself to ease his nerves. He hunched over his knees and cried out loud. That was by far the worst dream he ever had.

He knows Jimin's in a rough patch right now, must be why he dreamt of such a horrible dream. His friend has been through a lot. The incident on his birthday last week hammered the nail.

He was still shaking. The dream felt so real he almost believed that it happened. He couldn't bear to lose anyone, especially Jimin. He was his best friend and soulmate. If he dies, there's no telling what Taehyung will do.

He's now overthinking. What if that was a premonition? A sign? What if he will do it?

Gasp

What if he is doing it right now?!

Taehyung ran out of his house and bolted to Jimin's. There was only a wall separating them and he parkoured over it with ease. All those years of practice paid off.

He broke inside Jimin's room and frantically searched for his friend but there was no sign of him

There was no Jimin.

Because of this, his anxiety peaked. Tears started to well in his eyes.

He ran across the house. He opened every door he encountered. Taehyung didn't care anymore about stealth. He even knocked off an expensive vase but that was the least of his concerns. What mattered most is finding Jimin.

1st floor... 2nd floor... 3rd...

He wasn't there

Jimin is gone

Taehyung plopped down to the floor and cried violently. His nerves went wild and his heart felt like it was squeezed by an invisible hand. His best friend... His other half is not here.

"No... Jimin...." Taehyung grovelled. He kept repeating his name under heavy breaths

"Taehyung?"

Just like that, his world stopped for a moment. He slowly looked behind and there was the person he had been looking for

Jimin rubbed his eyes "What are you doing here?"

Taehyung cried once more. This time it was happy tears. He couldn't stop bawling. "What a relief..." he said in between sobs

Jimin approached his friend and hugged him "What's wrong? Did something happen?" he asked in a soft tone

Taehyung rested his head on Jimin's shoulder "Don't leave me. Please"

Jimin pursed his lips. He then pulled him to a tight embrace "I won't"

With this, Taehyung cried even more. Hearing those words really assured him. Since Jimin said so himself, he will truly never leave him.

+++

Jimin tucked his friend on his own bed. Taehyung cried so much that it exhausted him. The older brushed his hand on the younger's hair and looked at him with a somber expression