Ch. 25 Destination

(Hey guys. I've been thinking a lot about my schedule and I've decided to put it up on my profile bio for now to give y'all something instead of waiting for a chapter to be randomly posted.)

⚠️⚠️This Chapter contains Mild spoilers for non-manga readers⚠️⚠️

"So where exactly are we going??"

Kaki raced along beside Shinobu as they traveled through the roads and forests, Shinobu not looking back to answer the question.

"We're not going to another village."

"But on the note you said-"

"I know. They're going to another village. We are heading to the Aizuwakamatsu, Fukushima Prefecture."

"What's over there?"

Shinobu stood silent for a few moments before answering.

"Muzan Kibutsuji."

——————-

Giyuu and Y/n we're sharing a few moments together as they made their way to the next village.

They were interrupted as a crow flew above them.
"ATTENTION, WATER PILLAR AND Y/N FUYU. HEAD TO THE AIZUWAKAMATSU, FUKUSHIMA PREFECTURE AND AWAIT FURTHER INSTRUCTION."

The crow then stopped at Giyuu's Shoulder.
It whispered something in his ear and then flew off.

"What did it say?"
Y/n asked curiously.

Giyuu pursed his lips.
"during our time together it seems Rengoku, the flame pillar, lost an eye while encountering an upper moon, but luckily managed to escape with the rising sun. In addition to that, Tengen, the sound pillar, lost an arm while fighting an upper moon and is retiring from the slayer corps altogether."

Y/n just stared at him.
"What does that mean?"

"I wish I knew."

They kept running together, silent for most of their trip to where the crow had stated.

When they arrived, they met all the hashira, including rengoku with his eyepatched left eye and kaki with Shinobu.

The kid with the cloud haori had also been there, but this time he was wearing a checkered one, along with a small girl with a bamboo in her mouth and these other two boys, one with a boarhead, and another with a triangle haori.

"So you've arrived."
A guy with a bunch of scars on his body stepped up to greet Y/n and Giyuu.

"Took you long enough."
The scar guy scoffed.

"Looks like this poor soul has survived, how blessed you are."
The one praying spoke up.

"Oi, who invited this halfbreed to the fight."
The bandaged guy with a snake around his neck standing beside a pink haired girl.

"Half breed?"
The checkered haori looked at Y/n.

Y/n look at him as well.

"You're half demon?"

"Yes."

The checkered haori rushed up to her and grabbed both her hands.

"DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING THAT COULD HELP MY SISTER? SHES A FULL DEMON AND I WANT TO SAVE HER FROM BEING ONE."

Y/n felt surprised as the small boy.

"Unfortunately I do not know anything that could cure your sister. My condolences, checkered Haori."

The boy sighed.
"It's alright. And please, call me Tanjiro. Kamado Tamjiro."

Y/n smiled at the boy.
"Nice to meet you Kamado-San. My name is Y/n. Fuyu Y/n."

The small girl with the boy went up to Y/n and hugged her legs.
"Ah! Nezuko, please don't bother Fuyu-san."

She grunted as Tanjiro tried to pull her off his legs.
While that was happening the triangle Haori went up to Y/n on his hands and knees.

"PLEASE MARRY ME YOURE SO GRACEFUL AND LOVELY. EVEN IF YOU ARE HALF DEMON PLEASE."

Y/n just looked at the boy in surprise.

"Oh my. I'm so sorry but I'm already taken, triangle haori."

Giyuu was getting ready to kick the boy until a voice arose.
"Now, now, settle down everyone. Save your energy for what's to come."

Shinobu spoke up, her face more serious than smiling, but not before the boarhead spoke up.

"HAHA, FARTU, YOU HAVE THE MAKINGS OF ONE OF MY MINIONS."
The boy pointed one of his jagged swords at her.

Y/n looked confused as the boarhead was kicked by Giyuu and Tanjiro rushed to the boarheads aid, bowing for Giyuu.

"SORRY, IM SO SORRY TOMIOKA-SAN. PLEASE FORGIVE INOSUKE."

Ah so his name was inosuke.
Y/n thought as she pulled Giyuu back from kicking the boar head again.

"shut your yapping."
The scar guy said.

Shinobu gave Inosuke and Tanjiro a small look before continuing.

"Everyone here knows the situation except for you, Y/n. Giyuu, could you please give her a rundown tonight. Everyone else, find a hotel to lay low in."
Shinobu said in a stern voice.

"And who made you a leader, you mosquito?"
The scar guy spoke back to her.

She gave him the most terrifying smile and he almost flinched.
"I made myself leader after no one wanted to start the mission."

She then walked off, Kaki in tow.

Y/n felt Giyuu move to her side.
"Come on, let's go."

The rest of the hashira dispersed, each finding hotels to prepare for their next, and most likely last mission.

—————-

After they settled in a hotel again, Giyuu sat down next to Y/n on a futon.

"So, care to tell me what this next mission is about, and why all the hashira are here?"

Y/n crossed her arms, waiting for a response as Giyuu fidgeted.

"Well, this next mission has to do with Muzan Kibutsuji."

Y/n raised an eyebrow.
"Elaborate."

"We found out where he's been hiding and the master wants us to finally put a stop to his actions."
He winced, waiting for a slap across his face for holding this information from Y/n since the crow whispered in his ear on their way here.

But she didn't slap him, only sighing with her head down.

"So this is hopefully our last mission?"

"You're not angry?"

She turned to look at him.
"I'm more frustrated with everything that's happened. Yes, the man we are trying to kill is my supposed father who made my demon side awaken, but this could mean one of us doesn't come back alive."

She went to lay on his shoulder.
"I don't want either of us in this fight, but as it could end this entire thing, it's a must."

He put an arm around her.
"Don't worry, I won't die."

"I would make you promise that, but I feel that would be cheesy."
He chuckled a bit.

"If we make it out of this alive, we'll get married."

"Is that a promise or an order?"
Y/n smiled.

"So how long is this mission going to take?"

"I'm not sure. Our orders were to wait for him to show up and attack when he least expects it."

"So we're going to be here for a while."

"It seems so."

Y/n sighed as she moved her head to his legs, closing  her eyes to rest and to think about the battle to come.

As her eyes closed, she felt herself shift to another place.

When her eyes opened again, she was in the ice palace.

"Long time no see, Y/n."