Ch.5 Frost

(Not much dialogue but I'm pretty this is the chapter you've been waiting for.)

The village was quiet. The only sound that made its way through was the small breeze of wind.

But Y/n knew too well how dangerous silence was.

Her steps began to walk quietly through the small village. Her heart raced the slightest bit, anticipating for the even the slightest movement through the shadows.

Y/n walked around a corner towards a temple of the small village, feeling an evil presence.

As she walked closer, the presence suddenly vanished, but she felt something different.

Y/n now stood at the entrance of the temple.
Her hand moved to open the door and she found someone laying facedown in the middle of a doorway.

She walked forward towards them but the presence she had felt earlier was filled with great malice.
Y/n stopped just a few feet away from the person laying in the doorway.

"Please......h...help.."

The person looked up at Y/n only to reveal a ghostly face of a demon.

The demon suddenly started to float up from the ground and Y/n realized that the body of the demon was behind the doorway.

She turned to run back outside, but she felt something grab her leg.
She turned back to see the demon that once lay was now trying to grab ahold of her leg.

Y/n was scared and her mask threatened to fall off, but even in this situation, she pushed her emotions down.

She quickly sliced the arm, freeing herself before running outside.

When she turned to look for the demon, she was met with a horrifying sight.

The demon wasn't just a demon.

It was multiple demons sewn together to create a centipedic monster.
Y/n even spotted human limbs and faces poking out of the body of the monster.

It took every ounce of calmness she had not to scream in horror.
Instead, she readied a breath technique when the centipede demon charged towards her.

"Breath of Frost Sixth Style: Flowing Fractures"

Y/n lunged forward, releasing slashes that resembled fractures on the surface of ice.

The demon screeched at the pain, releasing sound waves that exploded ear drums.

Y/n jumped away to gain better ground.
She quickly tried to cover her ears, only managing to cover one.
Her other eardrum burst, making her deaf in that one ear.

"Damn!"

Y/n now held the face of rage. She had wanted to deal with this quickly without any trouble.
With her mask completely gone, she began to attack without hesitation, not caring if the demon was able to strike her.

"Breath of Frost Second Style: Frostwork Torrent"

Y/n spun her body towards the demon, rapidly building momentum and when she reached her target, she unleashed rapid and harsh slashes. Each slash aimed to cut the large demon down and separate their limbs.

The demon only grew more angrier, arms growing back rapidly and arms stretching towards the girl at terrifying speed.

Y/n quickly dodge but realized she had fallen into a trap and had dodged right into 3 other arms.

The arms grabbed her left leg and torso harshly and slowly shrunk back with Y/n towards the head of the demon.
The demon moved a hand with deadly sharp claws in order to finish Y/n off and devour her.

Of course, Y/n was already preparing another technique.

"Breath of Frost Seventh Style: Frozen Lakes"

Y/n slashed upward at the deadly clawed hand and thrusted her body up into the air, sending 5 more slashes downwards towards the neck of the demon.

When Y/n landed, her body stumbled and she realized the demon had fractured her left leg, causing her movements to become unstable.

She felt her breathing become uneven and vision starting to blacken.

The Demon then unleashed multiple more arms. Y/n tried to do one more Breath Technique but in her state, her body could not handle it.

But our Y/n is stubborn.

"Breath of Frost Eleventh Style: Dance of the Snowflake."

Y/n spun her body around, mimicking a snowflake when it falls.
She built up more momentum until her body slashed at the arms in the shape of a snowflake.

Her pain was ignored as she did the only move she had.

The arms shrunk back, but the demon was able to slash at her stomach before making another movement to kill her.

Y/n gripped her stomach as her Total Concentration ceased and her legs finally gave out.

"I can't do this on my own..."

The demon was about to attack Y/n before a figure appeared. They used a what looked like a Water Breathing Technique that sliced the neck of the centipedic demon, killing it quickly.

As the figure turned around, Y/n blacked out.

(I apologize for cliffhanger)