Ch.4 Mission

(Hopefully this is ok but like imma cry if it's not)

Y/n stepped forward towards the swordsmith, revealing her identity.

She welcomed the swordsmith inside and led him to the tea table to serve him some tea.

"Thank you for your hospitality."
The swordsmith nodded when Y/n placed a teacup filled with fresh tea in front of him.

He took a sip of the tea.
"Your eyes are unique. Very rare and beautiful."

Fuyu then walked into the room and greeted the swordsmith. The swordsmith introduced himself as Himeyuko Yaori.

"Your Nichirin was a difficult piece to complete. As such, I put in much effort and many hours of work."
Himeyuko took out a box wrapped in a cloth that had been strapped on his back.

He unfolded the cloth to reveal a silver Nichirin blade with a hand guard that resembled a snowflake.
"Nichirin's are also known as color changing blades that change depending on the user."

Y/n stared at the beautiful blade.
"Go on, take it. I want to see what color it will change for you."

Y/n moved her hands to handle the Nichirin blade and gripped behind the hand guard.
After a few moments, the silver blade began to change into a silvery blue that resembled an icicle.

"I have not seen this color before. The first of its kind I bet."

Y/n stared at the blade more, interested in its power.
"Well, I shall be on my way now. I look forward to great things in the future, Y/n."

The swordsmith then left and Y/n stood in the room with her father.
"It is a very pretty sword."

"It's...eye-catching"

They went silent for a long moment until they heard the call of a crow.

"New Mission, New Mission!"
The crow flew around outside and Y/n went to hear it's words.

"Y/n Head over to your destination!"

Fuyu had thought of the worst when the crow had spoke. He wanted to be selfish and keep Y/n with him, but it was already too late. He had already let her participate in the Final Selection and she had passed. Wasn't that resolve enough to let her go on missions?

Y/n quickly sheathed her sword and ran to her room and begin putting on her slayer uniform and then her Frost Haori.

Her father waited by the entrance to say his goodbyes as Y/n prepared for her first mission.

Y/n only put on her uniform and sword before she decided to leave for her mission. She walked towards the entrance to meet her father.

"Y/n, I had a feeling that when your first mission had come, you would not come back to the Mansion for a long while. With this in mind, I pray for your well-being in hopes of the strength I have given you to become your own."

Y/n only stared at her father, but behind her mask, tears had threatened to fall.

"My child, please come back one day."
He quickly hugged and let her go before Y/n set out on her first mission with her crow leading her to her destination.

—————-

The Crow didn't tell Y/n much except for disappearances of people in a small village.

Y/n arrived in the village in the afternoon as she had spent the morning receiving her Nichirin sword.
The villagers all seemed to be holed up in their homes, afraid of going missing like others in their village had.

Y/n tried asking around for information but found it to be unsuccessful with most villagers. The sun began to set and the demons would come out soon.
She decided to stay in a room one of the villagers offered her to stay for the night.

Once Y/n got into the room, she started to meditate and calm her body as she was using Total Concentration every single day.

After 10 minutes of meditation, Y/n's thoughts went to her string. She waved her pinky around and her string followed. The string was still a mystery.

She had heard many different stories of the red string of fate. Stories that each made no sense. The one particular story that caught her attention was that only your fate and yourself could see the string that bound them together.

Y/n was soon snapped out of her thoughts when she sensed the presence of a powerful demon.

She readied her sword and went out to patrol the area for demons.