Ch.3 Blade

(I'm so sorry for making these chapters long I honestly have no idea how long these chapters are supposed to be)

15 days have passed since Y/n came home from the Final Selection.
In that time, Y/n worked on practicing a new style of Frost Breathing.

Her stance was relaxed and focused on the tree in front of her.
Her eyes kept the same blank stare.
Her breathing was focused as it should be.

"Breath of Frost Eleventh Style: Dancing Snowflake"

Her body thrust forward and she struck the tree with terrifying preciseness each strike coming together to resemble a
Snowflake. Each slash froze one after the next and the tree fell back and the only thing left was the snowflake pattern created by the eleventh style.

Y/n sheathed her sword and went inside the mansion to speak with her father.

Her father was praying in front of shrine that had a picture of a women and a child.

Her father had told her the story of when he had lived with his wife and son. His grandfather had taught him Frost breathing techniques and Mr. Fuyu planned to teach his son.

Unfortunately there was a terrible incident that not even Mr. Fuyu will tell Y/n.

It remains a mystery to y/n.

Y/n waited for him to finish praying, taking glances at her pinky just to see if her string was still endless.

Her father finally finished praying and got up to greet y/n.

"How was your training?"

Y/n's heterochromic eyes looked up to meet her fathers.
"It was successful, but I feel the need to change the name of the style."

"And why is that?"

"It doesn't feel right."

Her father stood silent for few a few moments before chuckling.
"Y/n, my dear, what do you imagine when you strike your sword?"

"I imagine a cold winter with snowflakes falling as far as the eye can see, but the snowflakes aren't just falling. They all dance in a particular way that makes me dance with them."

Her father smiled.
"Quite the imagination you have,
Y/n"

Y/n stood silent.
"Might I suggest Dance of the Snowflake?"

Y/n felt a burst of happiness, although her face would never show it.
"I like it"

"Of course I only added one word but I know there's something else on your mind."

Y/n went quiet again for a few moments before speaking.
"Father, do you remember when I told you my string had a small end?"

Fuyu shifted only the slightest bit but y/n could immediately sense it.
"Even though it was a few years ago, I believe so."

"Well, about 3 weeks ago, during the Final Selection, my string grew endless."

Fuyu went silent for a long moment.
He the looked at Y/n with a serious expression.
"Is that so?"

Y/n suddenly began to feel nervous, but of course her face never showed emotion.

"Yes, I thought it was strange and I couldn't find the right moment to tell you until now."

Fuyu then carefully grabbed Y/n's shoulders.
"Listen, Y/n, I know that the one on the end of the string is your fate, but please be careful. Many demon slayers find their end of their string to be another slayer or a demon. In the end, the significant other is either eaten, slain, or killed. I do not wish for you to suffer the same fate."

He pulls her in for a hug and Y/n accepts it, careful not to let her shock, happiness, or sadness come across her masked face.

"Become stronger, Y/n. Strong enough that you'll survive."

"Yes, father."

After a few more moments, Fuyu broke the hug and regained his composure.
"If you ever need to talk as father and daughter, I'm here for you."
He smiled warmly before walking out of the room.

Y/n felt a small smile creep up her face but quickly pushed it down as she made her way to the entrance of the mansion to meet the swordsmith who crafted her new Nichirin sword.

The swordsmith wore a blue oni mask.
He wore a white robe that had blue lines resembling slash marks on it.

"I'm here to present Y/n Fuyu their Nichirin Sword."

(So uh yeah)