Ch. 21 Truth

(Man I love just popping out of nowhere)

"You heard me."
The child sneered at Y/n who was really just genuinely confused at it all.

"My Dad said that you were going to kill us all if you ever stepped out of that mansion, but looking at you now, I would hardly call you a threat."
The child then started to laugh and the other children followed his laughter, calling Y/n crude names and pointing their fingers.

"Weakling"

"What a joke"

"Demon Lord's daughter"

The big child suddenly walked up to Y/n and began pushing and shoving her to the ground and almost as if it were planned, the other children joined in and once Y/n was on the ground, they started to kick her.

"Look at her she's crying"

"No one's going to save you."

"Just die"

Y/n had been curled up in a ball, bawling her eyes out as the children continued their assault on her.

"It's your fault that you were born, you monster."

At that moment, Y/n began to wonder why was she born? If whoever gave birth to her knew it was going to be like this, why?

It angered Y/n.

She clenched her teeth and stopped her tears, trying to stand up.

"You're right, I am a monster."

After that, Y/n blacked out and she couldn't remember what had happened. She had woken up back in the mansion where she found her father silently crying beside her bed and bowing his head down, almost as if to apologize to someone.

"My love, please forgive me......he won't find her."

While Y/n had no idea what had happened, her eyes became an emotionless mask from that day on.

—————

"I'm guessing 'He' meant my true father. I bet you didn't know in the time I blacked out, I heard his name, Muzan Kibutsujj, the first demon."

Her father sighed, staying silent.

"Who was my mother?"

He sighed again looking at Y/n with a sorrowful yet joyful stare.

"She was a wonderful woman. Her name was Yukine. We lived a peaceful life within our village, but she had been kidnapped by a demon, your father."

Y/n just listened as did everyone else.

"Your mother was special. In her family, they were able to pass down the soul a demon within their bloodlines. The demon had been ancient, almost as old as your father. That demon is also the reason you blacked out during that time. They work as a defense mechanism in exchange for being kept alive within your own soul."

"So because of this demon, I am not able to turn into a demon?"

"Correct. A demon can't harbor another demon, but a human can."

Giyuu stood up.
"You're saying that Y/n has an ancient demon soul that protects her?"

"Yes, and if that demon dies, then Y/n will also die."

Everyone went dead silent.

"But there's no way anyone would be able to kill that demon right?" Giyuu spoke up from the silence.

"The only one who can kill the demon is the host of its soul, so Y/n"

"So you're saying that if Y/n dies, then the demon dies?"

Y/n's father stood silent as Giyuu turned his gaze towards his string whom had her head down, looking at the floor, bracing herself for a scolding.

"You know I'm never going to let that happen."

The water hashira then stood beside Y/n, grabbing her hand and facing her father.

"Fuyu-San, I must ask that you leave Y/n in my care. I care deeply for her and while I know she is your daughter, I want to protect her even at the cost of my life. As the water pillar, I have the confidence to say and promise no harm will come to the end of my string."

Y/n's Father stood in awe of the powerful Hashiras words of promise. Much so that he placed his hands behind his back and smiled at the water pillar.

"Tomioka-San, your words seem honest and confident that I have no choice but to leave my daughter Y/n to you. So please, take good care of my daughter."
He bowed and Y/n just stood wide-eyed that she wasn't getting scolded, but being put in her strings care.

"Y/n, my daughter, please take care of yourself and your string. One cannot love others without loving themselves."
He smiled at Y/n one last time before going outside to the backyard and sitting to enjoy the scenery of his garden.

His garden, where he trained his daughter in the ways of the icy blade.

It was then that Shinobu had unparalyzed kaki and brought him to the exit to wait for Giyuu and Y/n and bring them back to headquarters to properly explain the situation to the Master.

"Tomioka-San I-"

Giyuu quickly silenced her with a kiss on her cheek and Y/n's face immediately went beet red.

"You don't have to say anything. When you trust me enough I know you will tell me one day and I'll be here when that day comes. Right beside you."

Giyuu couldn't remember the last time he had seen Y/n smile. Probably because it was a rare sight.

Y/n smiled at the hashira and quietly wrapped her arms around his stomach in an attempt to savor this moment which felt like she had been transported to another world.

The water pillar had smiled as he gazed down at his smiling Y/n.

Muichiro had still been there, and Y/n hadn't noticed until she hugged the Water pillar.

"Oh, uh, hello Muichiro."
The Mist Pillar turned to look at Y/n.

"Who are you again?"
He stared at her.

"Shes my string."
Giyuu put an arm around her.

"Isn't everything done here, Muichiro? Aren't you needed on another mission?"

"Oh yeah. Forgot about that. Bye then."
The mist pillar waved before running towards the exit of the village, his crow squawking out the details of his next mission.

After a few moments, they finally decided to step outside to meet Kaki and Shinobu, who had been waiting on them for the past 10 minutes.

"Well now, what took you two lovebirds so long?"