Ch.6 Whom

(Here is the chapter I know you wanted)

Tomioka Giyuu.

A man completely shrouded in mystery. The only thing anyone knows about him is that he is the water pillar.

Other than basic facts, Tomioka was an emotionless, handsome face. Many girl slayers would kill to be on the other end of his string. Alas, Tomioka announced many times that his string was short-ended. He mostly did to reduce the amount of distractions and the fangirling.

What nobody knew was that the red string on Tomioka's pinky had found its way to a certain slayer.

But he wasn't about to tell anyone.

Tomioka had been on a mission to exterminate a horde of demons that had been terrorizing a remote village. Which also had happened to be only 25 miles away from Y/n's mission village.

The sun had went down hours before and Giyuu had slayed the final demon of the horde with no hesitation.

Then, his Kasugai crow spoke out.

"New Mission! New Mission!"
Giyuu glanced up at the ebony crow.

"Lower Moon Spotted in a nearby village! Head over to the destination!"
The crow flew ahead and Giyuu followed after it, knowing where he was headed.

When he arrived, he immediately sensed a demonic presence followed by malice.

His first thought was the lower moon, but
It felt different. His thoughts were suddenly cleared when his keen hearing heard a voice.

He rushed over, turning a corner to find the demonic presence was a centipedic demon likely left by the lower moon demon.

His eyes scanned the scene, finding another slayer injured. What surprised Giyuu was the face of the girl slayer.
Her face was surprisingly calm, considering her situation and her eyes were stunning in their mismatched beauty.

He watched as the slayer stood her ground.

Giyuu thought he should intervene, not wanting the slayer to waste her life, but then she unleashed a Breathing Teachnique.

Her voice was calm and pleasant.
"Breath of Frost Eleventh Style: Dance of the Snowflake"

Her body spun like a dance and it captivated Giyuu. He couldn't look away.
Her slashes were elegant and precise, never missing their target and freezing after each slash.

When the slayer finished, Giyuu felt a tug on his pinky.
His eyes focused on his string and then followed the endless red line.

His eyes widened as the string stopped on the hand of the slayer just feet away.

She looked as if she was about to faint as the demon reached over to the slayer.
Her legs gave out and she spoke in a desperate tone that made Giyuu want to step in.

"I can't do this by myself..."

The demon moved to attack, but Giyuu intervened, slicing its neck and killing it with no hesitation.

Giyuu then turned to the girl slayer, only to find that she had fainted.

He looked at his pinky again.

The string was indeed attached to the pinky of the girl slayer before him.

While examine the slayer he noticed her sword was a color he had never seen before and that the slayer's left leg had been fractured along with her left eardrum bursting.

He decided to take her to Shinobu's mansion to heal.

——————-

Y/n's eyes slowly opened.

Pain stung her body as she sat up in what seemed like a hospital bed.
She scanned her surroundings, finding more hospital beds, her sword right next to her bed, and her haori and slayer uniform neatly folded on the edge of her bed.

Her fractured leg was put in what seemed to be a cast and her ear had a small cloth covering it. She even had a bandage wrapped around her stomach.
Y/n then noticed that she was dressed in a white uniform as she slowly tried to get up from the bed, careful not to cause any unwanted harm.

Her fractured leg wobbled as it hit the ground, but Y/n caught herself.

"You should be resting."
A deep and calm voice spoke.

Y/n turned towards the voice, finding a man with a pair of ocean eyes that she could drown in. His haori was mismatched and his hair was a dark ebony. He stood in the doorway to the room.

Y/n remained silent as she reached for her haori and uniform.

She felt footsteps coming towards her, most likely the mismatched haori.

She ignored the sound of the steps as her fractured leg stumbled and Y/n lost her balance, not able to catch herself a second time.

She fell back, bracing herself for impact, but was met with a pair of arms instead.

"I told you, you should be resting."
The voice spoke close to Y/n's ear.

The pair of arms helped her back up and then placed her back on the bed.

Y/n stared as the man picked up the uniform and haori she had dropped.
When he folded and placed the clothing back on the bed he looked at Y/n and their eyes met for the first time.

Giyuu couldn't stop himself from looking at Y/n's unique icy-blue and E/c eyes.

Y/n felt herself drown in the pools that had so calmly stared at hers.

The two were staring for a few moments before Giyuu looked away.
"I'm sorry. It was rude of me to stare."
Y/n had spoke, not wanting to make the moment awkward.

Giyuu looked back at her.
"What is your name?"

"Y/n Fuyu. What is yours?"

"Tomioka Giyuu"

Y/n felt a tug on her pinky and, at the same time Giyuu did too.
Y/n took her right hand out, revealing her red string and her eyes followed it's end.

"Tomioka-San, I'm sorry to ask, but may I see your right hand?"

Giyuu hesitantly showed his hand to Y/n.

The end of Y/n's string was on Tomioka Giyuu's right pinky.

(A little awkward but cute. Hope you enjoyed.)