Ch.1 Begin

(So the prologue is short and I apologize but please take this)

It's almost time.

Soon, y/n will become a demon slayer in hopes of finding who she is and who her parents were. She slightly moved her pinky to find a red string that had a small end. She decide to tune her string out and focus on her thoughts.
Of course, her father had thought she had different intentions.
He always thought that she had no need to find her real parents when he was her "father".

Y/n was lucky to have Fuyu adopt her in the first place, but she always wondered why someone would ever want to take in a monster such as her. Why did she even have a string?
The thought always lingered in her mind.

Y/n put on a frost haori that went from a dark blue hue to a white hue and had a frosting pattern everywhere with snowflakes. She then grabbed her sword and sheathed it on her waist as her father entered the room.

"You look great."
Her father entered the room as soon as
Y/n finished changing.

"Thank you father."
Her Blue and e/c eyes looked at her father and y/n bowed respectively.

"There's no need to be nervous. You did not train for 10 years for nothing."
He placed a hand on Y/n's shoulder to comfort her.

"I'm not nervous. I'm fully confident I will pass the Final Selection and join the demon corps."
Y/n wore a mask of calmness, careful not to take it off and show her emotions carelessly.

"I'm sure you are."
He removed his hand and lead Y/n to the Entrance of the Mansion. Fuyu took out a white and blue Kitsune mask that only covered the top half of your face.
"For you. It wards off demons."
He handed y/n the mask and she took it, placing it on the side of her head.
The test was starting soon

It was time to go.

"Thank you, Father. I'm grateful for everything you've done for me. I promise I will not let you down."

Y/n bowed respectfully towards the man who had given her a home and the power to fight. She was ready for this.
Y/n had never encountered a demon before but she was sure she could handle herself.

Y/n stood back up, turned around, and starting making her long journey to the testing site.

"I don't care if you fail, just please be safe." Fuyu said to Y/n but he knew she could never hear, as she was already 2 blocks away.

———

Y/n made her way to the Final Selection, thankful that it was day-time and she wouldn't have to encounter any demons.

She traveled a long way already thanks to the agility and stamina training her father had made her do. She took a look at her string once more, a small part of her hoping there wasn't a small end anymore but there it was. Y/n stopped looking at her pinky and continued towards the Final Selection.

It was already past noon. Demons would be showing up soon.
Y/n kept running towards the direction of the Final Selection before she spotted wisteria trees on Fujikasane Mountain and made her way there.

When she arrived, she saw others there before her but remained silent.
Four people seemed particularly troublesome if they had to fight.
A girl with a butterfly hairpin, a boy with a yellow triangle haori, another boy with a cloud haori, and another boy who had a crazed expression on his face.

Y/n was deep in her thoughts until she heard a voice speak to her.

"Your eyes are the same as his."
She looked to find the cloud haori boy staring at her before he became flustered.

"I'm sorry! You just remind me of someone I know."
He quickly looked away, not wanted to make the situation any more awkward than it was.

She then felt a tug on her pinky and took a look, discovering an endless red string.
Y/n felt her heart flutter only the slightest bit, but stopped when she realized it could be a demon. Unfortunately demons were also bound by the strings of fate which made the strings less effective.

"Hello Everyone. We thank you for coming here tonight to the demon slayer corps final selection."
Everyone turned towards the voice, finding twins standing on a platform.

(I'm trying to write a lot so you guys can read your fill of fanfic.)