Ch.20 Sides

(Omg it's here. The author finally posted after 15 million years :D)

Y/n stood silent, staring into the eyes of the emotionless water pillar, clearly seeing his anger and despair that was caused by herself.

"What the hell were you thinking?"

Giyuu's face twisted into anger as he spoke in a low voice.

"Why in god's name would you try to go after the #1 demon knowing that you could die?!"

Giyuu yelled at Y/n, expecting to get an answer, only to receive silence for his reply.

"Why won't you answer me?"

Y/n bit her lip in anxiety, afraid of what he might think of her if she told him the truth.
"I-...I Can't"

"Why not? Is it so hard to tell me why exactly you thought it was a good idea to go after the most dangerous demon in the entire world?"
Giyuu stared at Y/n with anger flaming in his eyes.

Meanwhile, Shinobu had restrained Kaki by releasing a paralyzing gas in his nose and this restraining him, listening to the whole conversation go down and wanting to hear
Y/n's reason as well.

"Tomioka-San...you know I was adopted, right?"
Y/n's father had stepped out of another room, hearing his daughters voice.

"I was left at an orphanage as soon as I was born. Nobody knows who left me or why."

The room stood silent as Y/n has finally tried to explain her reasons for everything.

"I was lucky that my father had adopted and trained me to be a slayer. But, Tomioka-San, I know you know that something happened when we went to the city."
Giyuu only nodded.

Y/n stood silent for a few moments, bracing herself for the questions and comments.

"If you're talking about how you came into contact with muzan, then we already know that you forcibly drank his blood."
Shinobu spoke in Y/n's place.

"Yes, that's correct, but I found that Muzan could possibly be my real father."

The room went dead silent. Giyuu's eyes went wide with shock, along with shinobu and Y/n's father.

"B-but, That's impossible. Demons can't bear children."
Shinobu was the first to speak up after the few moments of silence and for once, her voice wasn't cheery.

"Besides, how do you even know he's your father? What proof is there?"
Giyuu spoke after Shinobu.

Y/n looked at her father.
"He has the proof. You've always known, haven't you, father?"

The man sighed as the entire room looked to him for answers.
"You've known as well, Y/n. I'm sure you've known it since that time."

——————

Fuyu mansion, 4 years ago.

Y/n wandered the mansion, still trying to look for a certain man who had hid from her in game of hide-and-seek.

Y/n had been the one seeking.

She searched and searched until she reached the backyard of a certain tree.
She walked around the tree a few times before stopping and listening for any sounds.

A slight breath sounded from above and Y/n immediately averted her gaze to the highest tree branch, where she found the man sitting and looking down on her from above.

"I found you!"
Y/n exclaimed as the man jumped down from the tree and was greeted by a hug from Y/n.

"Good job, Y/n. Now it's your turn to hide."

"Ok!"

Y/n immediately ran away from the man who stood still while starting to count his numbers.
The mans voice echoed throughout the mansion as Y/n searched for the best hiding place possible.

It was then that she noticed the entrance to the mansion, closed as always. Curiosity filled the mind of Y/n as she inches closer to the door, wanting to see and escape the closed walls of the fuyu mansion.

She remembered the mans words telling her to never go outside, but the words were overcome by the curiousness of Y/n.

In one swift motion, Y/n opened and closed the door, finding herself on the outside of the mansion and on the path of the entrance to it.

Her footsteps lightly touched the ground as she made her way through the exit of the mansion grounds.

She was free, at last.

And she had found a town of which she had believed was wonder.

She walked into it, admiring all the beautiful views, not noticing the weird stares she had been receiving.

"Oh look, it's that cursed devil Fuyu-San brought in."

"Stay away from her, or she'll freeze you to death."

"Satan's spawn."

"Demons must've sent her here to eat us."

The weird stares turned into menacing glares shooting daggers into the poor girl, not that she has noticed yet.
She walked through the town of glares, sightseeing and spying things she had never seen before.

Suddenly, a group of children just about the same age of her came up to her in a circle.
The biggest child walked in front of her, crossing his arms with a glare in his eyes.

"What do you think you're doing here?"

"Oh I just wanted to sight-see"

The children snickered and sneered at her.
"We don't really take well to your kind, so you go back in your castle and run back to your failure of a father."

"My father isn't a failure"

"Oh yeah? Well he made the mistake of taking in you, the child of the demon lord who was born to bring destruction upon us all."

"...what?"

(I feel so evil adding a cliffhanger here (°°))