Hello?

Day 27, 6:00 am, Camp 4

       Video recording

         "Hi every one." Elton said to the go-pro."Sorry we haven't been posting anything recently. I know we said we would notify you the moment we were able to but we had a...a unfortunate accident."

       Elton sighed"I guess I should explain a little bit. Right after we left the top of Everest we where hit by a really bad storm. I was in the front of the group so I didn't see what happened personally but..um basically a small avalanche knocked Sam off the cliff and..his harness got stuck and he ended up uniting himself out of, I don't know, confusion I guess."

      Elton paused as if trying to collect himself." So yeah. Colby took it pretty hard. We are just going to stay in camp 4 for a day or two. Please send your condolences to Sam's girl friend, Kate. I can only imagine what pain she is going through."

     Elton began to put down the go-pro. "Sorry for the really short video. All of us are still in shock but I decided its best you guys know. Please don't be surprised if we don't update you for a while."

      End of Video

      Elton walked out of his tent, the whole camp was very quiet. Usually it would be bustling at this time, the place didn't seem to have the cheer it used to have anymore. Anywhere didn't seem to have the same cheer it and since Sam left them.

       At the thought, Elton felt his eyes begin to sting.He felt terrible. He no idea how he was going to go back home and look at Kate or Amanda. He had promised her that he would keep everyone safe and he failed, he utterly failed.

      He felt bad for Colby too. He and Sam had been friends since high school. They had one on so many adventures together and done so many things together Colby must have been completely torn.

       Clare had decided they stay in camp for a day or two for everyone to recover a little. He guessed it was a good idea but he really just wanted to get on with it and get home. He was tried of this mountain and wanted no more to do with it.

     He walked around the camp a little to get his blood moving. The sky was grey, small snow flakes flew paused him, some getting in his beard. He noticed Jake coming out of his tent. He waved and walked up to him.

     "How are you, bro?' Elton asked.

      "Awful honestly." Jake said." I couldn't sleep a wink last night really."

      "How is Colby doing?"

       "He hasn't said anything since...you know when." Jake said rubbing his hand through his hair." Bee is trying her best but you know...there will never be another Sam"

      "Come here, bro." Elton said, giving Jake a hug."All that's important now is to get home again."

     "Yeah." Jake took a deep breath." I'll start getting some of stuff ready for breakfast." Elton nodded, giving Jake small smile. Jake walked away.

       Elton sighed and looked up a the sky. The sun had broke through the clouds slightly and was shinning on the side of the mountain. He looked away and went back to his tent to pack up some of his gear. As he did so the talkie on his jacket suddenly buzzed and sent off some static.

       "Odd." Elton thought." The things probably busting from the cold or something."

      He ignored and and carried on. The talkie went off again. " What the heck." Elton thought. He took it in his hand."Hello?" He called into it.

         Day 27, 6:12 am, Base Camp

        Lincoln Baxter stroked out Sam's name on the climbers. "We haven't had a tragedy like this for a while but why did it have to happen to someone so young." Lincoln thought. "He had a whole life ahead of him. I feel pretty bad for his friends. Heck I don't know how his girlfriend while handle this."

       He sighed. Shelly walked over to where he was working."Can't sleep?" She asked.

       "Nah, not really." Lincoln said." Thought I might as well get some work done."

      "Uh huh." Shelly said nodding her head. "When will we expect Group 9 here?"

      "A a week or so. Clare decided to stay up at base 4 with the group for a day. Just two you know-so everyone can clear up." Lincoln said looking back at his paperwork."However something is telling they will want to come home soon."

     "How is the weather supposed to be up there?"

     "One of the sherpa told me we may be expecting a another storm but thankfully not a bad as the last one."

       Shelly nodded her head again and walked to the entrance of the tent." Don't stress yourself out." She said.

     "Don't worry." Lincoln said looking up a her long enough o give her a faint smile before looking down at his work again. Shelly left and he was once again alone in the tent. As he worked, he began to drift into his thoughts. The sound of the radio buzzing snapped him out of it.

       "What the.." Lincoln thought."My imagination getting the best of me I guess."

       He looked down at his work. His eyes fell on the new climbers list and schedule but the radios buzzed and sent of static again. "What in holy, shining love is going on today with this thing?" Lincoln said out loud.

        He picked up the radio transmitter."Hello, is some there?" He asked.

        "Hello?" A voice asked.

        "This is Lincoln Baxter at base camp, is that you Elton?"

         "Yeah where you the one buzzing me?"

         "No I thought that was you."

         "Well call back if it happens again, okay."

          "Right over and out."

          Lincoln turned off the radio puzzled but instead of going back to work, he waited and when the radio buzzed again he got it right away.

        "Hello?"

        "Hello." A very weak voice responded."This Sam Pepper is anyone there?"

         "Anthea!!!" Lincoln yelled.

        Day 27, 6;35 am, Mt. Everest

         Corey lay face up in his tent. He didn't feel like doing anything at the moment. He just wanted to lay and listen to wind hitting the tent. He wished Devin was there to comfort him. He wondered what she was doing right now.

        Elton had come in early telling about some interference on his talkie and if it one off again he should pick it up. He continued to watch the yellow ceiling move back and forth until his talkie basically started exploded.

       "Base Camp to group 9, base camp to Group, come in!" A voice said.

      "This Corey, what's going on base camp." Corey asked.

      "Corey you will never believe this!" A shaky, excited voice exclaimed" Sam-Sam just called in on the radio."

      "No shoot" Corey said. "Your not joking with me here?"

      "No. I swear I'm not. Try calling him."

      Corey sighed if someone did answer it was going to be like calling back someone from the dead. He took a deep breath." Hello Sam, this is Corey come in."

        "Corey is that you buddy?" A faint, raspy voice asked.

    "Holy mother of- Colby, Jake, Elton get over here right now!!" Corey yelled.

     A/N: Hello everyone! Surprise!! Did I fool you into thinking Sam was dead? I hope I did.😉 Sorry my chapters are kind of short. Hope that's o.k with y'all.  

Idunn-Frostfall