Survival of the fittest

I stretched as far as my arms and legs could reach but all I could feel was the silk of sheets, my eyes still shut, I patted my hand around in the hope that I'd find what I was looking for. Nothing. I sat up and blinked rapidly to wake myself up, as my eyes began to focus, I noticed I was stranded on a super king sized bed. The funny thing was, I knew I had said "Good night" with a certain someone beside me. The strange situation I had found myself in wasn't a distraction for long, I clambered out of bed wearing nothing but a large black t-shirt and love bites from the night before.

A strong scent of coffee stimulated and aroused my appetite, with such a large house, I could only follow the scent. The main layout was pretty basic once you knew how to find the staircase and then the framed picture of Frank Sinatra. It was so odd to be half naked in such an open building and yet still feel the heat from outside, the sun's rays had warmed the tiles beneath my feet, increasing my levels of comfort and the flow of air didn't carry the tweeting of birds but the harmony of wind chimes.

In the kitchen was a note attached to a small parcel. The note read;

'Morning sweetie, Sorry I couldn't stay this morning, had to go to that frickin' editing session :-( I've made you some breakfast and left you a little something to make you feel at home. See you later xxx'

An instinctive smile expanded across my face as I read it, he was easily forgiven. I could smell every morsel of the breakfast he had made me, and this smell was too familiar. Beneath the grill was a full English breakfast, just like the ones from home... thinking of home lowered my mood slightly but I wasn't going to let it ruin things. I perched on a stool next to the breakfast bar and smiled for a second, I had this sort of epiphany as I looked around, my eyes began to water and for once I was feeling immense happiness. I had to take a deep breath and get my shit together "Why're you so emotional?" I questioned aloud. "Enough of the talk, your boyfriend has made you breakfast" I told myself, I had to say this stuff out loud as a reality check, to reassure myself that this was not a dream.

Damn! The bacon was good, the eggs were perfect; runny and divine. I grunted with pleasure, it was like a mouth orgasm. God, Zak could give me orgasms even when he was miles away! With one hand I opened the parcel and with the other, I tucked in. Black wrapping paper with a silver bow... typical Zak style. Admittedly I wasn't delicate with it at all, I was too eager to find out the contents inside. At last, I had single handedly opened the mystery box and inside was a small gold key with the letter 'G' engraved into it. This time without control, the tears started falling and I started again. "Stop being a baby, it's only a key" I couldn't lie to myself, that key means A LOT of things, only serious relationships make it to this stage...

I stopped, mid thought and mid chew...

'Oh my God. I don't feel too good' my mouth began to water and my throat began to tighten. I dropped my fork and stumbled off of my seat, there was no strength in my legs at all. "Oh fuck!" I ran to the nearest door; a glass, sliding door. The key was stiff and rough to turn but the urgency forced it to open. Unfortunately the closest thing was a plant pot... I had been sick in Zak's back yard... 'What's he going to say when he finds bacon chunks on his rose bush?' the embarrassment was overwhelming but not in comparison to the weakness of my body, I had to lay down quickly.

Zak -

Two hours of editing was taking its toll. Replaying evidence over and over again was the last thing I felt like doing. "Zak we need to add that reconstruction between this part and the interview-" Dan, my editing assistant, was the only one getting the job done.

"Yeah sure... you just... you just do that" I couldn't fake being interested no matter how hard I tried.

"Zak! What the fuck's wrong with you man? You haven't been yourself, you haven't lectured me on how to add sound effects, you haven't listened to what I've been saying, you haven't even watched the fucking evidence. Not once!" the office was silent.