A day of good news

It had been almost eight whole years since I had first stepped onto the yard, and they still hadn't gotten around to tidying it. Even though three years had passed, I still couldn't bring myself to comfortably stroll onto the farm. No one could. But this time I had to, it was my job to, the farm house had become my responsibility. I, on my own, ran the entire farm which was easy because it wasn't cattle and livestock I had to maintain; it was the historical energy that had become a paranormal hive.

My job was less of a job and more of a hobby that I got paid to do. In fact I was my own boss who ran the entire thing by myself. On odd occasions, I was joined by my lifetime friend, Sarah. She'd always offer to lend a hand when business was at its best and business just happened to be at its busiest. It was Sarah who had originally suggested we open the farmhouse up to tourism which I wasn't too sure about until I realised people were drawn to this spider's web of spirits.

It was a hot, humid day, too hot to stay outside. I began to question whether I'd ever get a break. Especially with it being so early in the morning. Sarah called me on the phone as I was just finishing a tour. I declined the first two calls but as always, she was insisting I answer. "Sarah now isn't the best time.." I told her truthfully.

"Oh but Georgia wait til you hear the news!" Her voice was almost pitched with excitement. I sighed and let her continue. "The papers have named us Britain's most haunted land mark and not only that-" I felt a spark of achievement run up my spine as she continued. "...An American film crew have heard about us and have asked for our permission to come and check the place out!" She finally caught her breath.

"But Sarah they don't need our permission, they just pay like the others" she laughed at my comment "No Georgia you don't understand, they're coming to investigate as in ghost hunt!" I could hear her heavy breathing from the pure joy of telling me. This was big, this was major! Wow an American ghost hunting film crew. I'd gone silent from the shock. "Georgia? I'll call you back, you're going to need to sit down" the draining tone on the end of the phone snapped me out of the daze. I needed to plan for closure and all sorts of things and I wasn't going to do it on my own, so I texted Sarah asking her if she'd help close up.