Now what?

Georgia -

I couldn't quite get my head around Zak and Nick's behaviour. They were at each other's throats since the lockdown. As I waited a few feet away, I was watching Nick's facial expressions. He was pissed off but by something, I couldn't figure out. Zak turned away, shaking his head. "You okay?" I asked whilst leaning towards him. He didn't look me in the eyes he just placed his hand on my back and carried on walking. "No, no I'm fine. Let's get you back" his attempt to reassure me wasn't working. It was beginning to irritate me.

"Is that it?" I grew impatient "Zak, what the fuck is going on? I know something is up. Just tell me." I had to let it out. I think it surprised him. "Okay, well... Nick knows"

"Nick knows what? What does he know?" I wasn't giving him a chance to reply. " Nick knows about us. He knows I came around to yours and he knows what we did last night " even Zak's face showed panic. "Well what's he say? How... how did he even find out?" I could feel the adrenaline igniting through my system. I looked Zak in the eyes "Tell me everything's going to be okay, Zak. Please" I wouldn't have said that if I didn't believe Zak knew a problem to the whole situation. "I can't guarantee that Nick won't find the clip on my camera and rule the whole thing out" he was in a daze, just staring into the distance. "Well what happens if he does?" A churning sensation in the pit of my stomach, grew as I awaited an answer. "We'll lose everything. Our reputation, our jobs, you know... the thing we live for. Everything would go bad!" His eyes started to glaze and the look on his face expressed great fear.

I couldn't bear to see him like this. "Come on. We'll figure something out" I linked my fingers between his and led him to his cabin. "I best start packing" he muttered underneath his breath. "Oh come on, Zak. He wont find anything out. He can't prove anything!" My volume increased and so did his "Really Georgia?" His sarcasm was making things worse. "So either Billy is dumb and hasn't figured out that my voice was in the same room or Nick has told them something?" He began talking to himself. I was scared, for his sake. But I couldn't put up with it any longer! I grabbed him by the shoulders and looked him straight in the eye "Zak! Stop it! Look at me!" He rolled his eyes towards me. "Zak, I know, don't ask me how but I know that Nick wouldn't do this to you. Why would he when it's his career on the line too. He's probably only saying these things to protect you, so that you don't fuck things up for you and everybody else! You need to talk it through with him" my hand slipped from his shoulder as I kissed him on the cheek and walked away. "Georgia-" he called but I didn't turn back. The more time I'd stay with him, the longer it would take him to sort things out with Nick. So I waited no longer.

Zak -

I hoped that what Georgia was saying, was true. I didn't want to lose what I'd built from scratch all those years ago. I was still standing in the spot that she'd left me in when I started hearing talking. I peered around the frame of the cabin window which was facing the main drive. Nick was there but I couldn't see who he was talking to. I was too late anyway, he was walking towards my cabin. I quickly jumped on the couch and pretended to be busy on my phone. I waited for the click of the door handle, it was silent. I was silent. Just as I was about to see where Nick had got to, I faintly heard a sigh which was followed by the door opening. My head shot down and I continued with my ignorant role.

"Zak we need to talk."

"Do we?" I played dumb

"I've just been speaking to Georgia-"

"About what?" I interrupted. So that's who he was talking with. "She said you're tense, panicky. I just wanted to see what's up..." Old Nick was back. God how I missed 'old Nick'. The Nick who'd support me through thick and thin, no matter what. "I'm scared Nick" I tried to laugh it off but the tremble in my voice gave everything away. "I'm scared that I'm going to lose everything because you'll have to explain to the producers why we came back without a show!"

"We had no evidence"

"What?" I heard exactly what he'd said.

"I'll just tell them... We'll just tell them that we received no evidence but we're sure the location is haunted" Nick was so calm as if he'd had it planned all along. "But Nick, why've you been so tetchy about it if you're completely fine? Did Georgia say something?" I felt relieved, slightly. "I was protecting Georgia." This surprised me. Nick never gets involved with my social life, ever. "I was trying to make sure she doesn't fall for you so that when you leave, you don't ruin her." He began looking down at his hands. "I mean you've won her over already. She's a tough nut to crack and I think that you've already damaged her-"

"Wait how have I-" I butted in.

"I'm just saying, you shouldn't fuck and chuck, Zak. Girls need respect!" His face was stern and serious. I was certainly believing his protective side. It was somewhat intimidating to say the least. "Nick I wouldn't do that. Come on, I'm kind of insulted now."

"I never said that's what you've done, I said you shouldn't. Ever!" Perhaps he was like this because of his wife? I certainly felt glad to have the chat, whatever brought it on.

I knew that the conversation wasn't finished, it never is with Nick. "Go on. What else?" I rolled my eyes.

"You've gotta say goodbye to her, today!"

"You just said don't fuck and-"

"Hey, I know that but saying goodbye doesn't have to mean you'll drawl the curtain, it could just be a 'see you soon'. Stop assuming" it was beginning to piss me off, Nick and his wise, majestic words. I was meant to be the noble leader not Groff.

Nick was right, as always, I had to speak with Georgia.