Lockdown

Zak -

Truthfully, I was scared about being locked down in a place that owns so much morbid and blood curdling history. But it was too late to hesitate. To be honest the fear of being locked down was the last thing on my mind. Georgia was on loop inside my head and the more things I tried to distract myself with, the worse it was getting. Aaron, Nick, Georgia and myself stood outside the door to the farmhouse. "Right Georgia, if you join us at 1am after locking us in this joint then let yourself back out at 3." I made sure it wouldn't be long before she was with us. "Okay" she said softly. Aaron gave her a fist bump and closed the door behind him. Realisation kicked in when I began hearing the key tapping the inner lock. Great...

Thirty minutes had passed and we'd just finished setting up our X cameras. "How the fuck Georgia can walk this place alone, I have no idea" Aaron wined.

"I know. Do you think she's alright out there on her own?" I panicked.

"Zak its only been half an hour. Jeez" I could tell Nick was getting fed up with my concern. Obliviously, I resumed. "Is it time to bring her in yet? I think it's time"

"Woah G it was 10 minutes ago when you asked if it's 1am yet! Chill dude" Aaron began picking up on my impatient behaviour. That's when a loud crash came out of no where. "Oh my God!" Aaron cried. "Was that a photo frame?" Nick and I ran ahead to go check it out. "Was that you who made this smash?" I began asking the spirits.

"I'm gonna start EVP" Nick goes to press record and at the same time, we all hear a violent growl. "I do hope you caught that on the recorder?" That alone excited me.

"Let's hope so"

The place was massive and it was going to take more than a night to cover most of it with just the three of us. Just as we began heading back to where we'd left Aaron, I started hearing faint mumbling as if someone was having a conversation. "Woah! Nick, d'ya hear that?" We both stood there listening carefully. The voice was moving closer and becoming clearer. "...I know I was like 'Dude' haha" I looked at Nick and he looked at me. "Is that...is that Aaron? Who's he talking to?" I never gave Nick chance to answer before I ran off to find Aaron. It didn't take me long.

"Aaron, who were you-" a face made me stop and lose all ability to talk.

"Aaron let me in" the face said with an angelic smile. "Zak winged like a baby about forgetting you and then forgot about it himself" Aaron laughed. How did I manage to distract myself for so long? It didn't matter. She was here now. "You'd never guess what me and Nick caught!" My face was beaming from the adrenaline. "Come on! I've gotta see this." Aaron looked back, waiting for me to join him. I nodded slightly to gesture my acknowledgment. At the same time, I reached behind me and took a firm hold of Georgia's hand. "You okay?" I asked her. I knew everything was good from her instant smile. The two of us eventually joined the others. Forty-five minutes had passed and we'd received nothing, not a single soul. "Its so fucking dark" I don't think I'd ever heard her swear before. "Well that's the whole point" Nick said sarcastically. "Nick" I caught his attention "stop it!".

" I'm just saying. Pretty damn obvious " I found it strange that he reacted in the way he did especially when he's the one to say it every time.

It had been one whole hour since Georgia had joined us and she was suppose to have left but I kept quiet. "Right we best split up" I suggested

"Well there's two floors so let's split into two's" Nick also suggested. I felt slightly protective over Georgia and the thought of her being left with Aaron or Nick, distressed me. Even before I could decide, Aaron butted in "I'm with Nick!" I imagined he must have assumed that I was leaving him by himself, like I normally do. "I'm sorry Georgia, looks like your stuck with Zak" Aaron discreetly teased. The look on her face expressed pleasure and content with the decision. We all planned out the places to where we were heading. Nick and Aaron decided that they'd take the ground floor and the barn whilst Georgia and I investigated the second floor. We wasted no time and made our way upstairs. The top floor was enormous and could easily be mistaken for a grand hotel.

It was so dark. One corridor had no windows so it wasn't like we were able to use the moonlight. "I can feel a cold breeze right here" she had her hand out next to the door frame of one of the rooms. I copied her by placing my hand there too. "Holy shit! That's freezing!" There was no breeze. Instead it felt like an ice spot; no air current, just cold. "C'mon let's go inside and see if we can do spirit box" I told her. The room was odd. It wasn't square or cornered. It was circular and the ceiling was so high up. "I guess we could try debunking the coldness by closing the door?" I liked her logical thinking.

"Sure!"