13

°•♡•°

°•♡•°

Klaus had dragged Cybele and Stefan to a musty old apartment to prove to Stefan that they were friends back in the day. Cybele was coming down from her emotional rollercoaster, so she was zoned out of the whole time for the most part.

After that, the trio returned to Gloria’s bar, where Cybele promptly took a nap in one of the booths. Klaus gave her his phone solely so she could put in headphones, using music to drown out the other patrons at the bar. Klaus was sitting in a chair he pulled up next to Cybele’s booth. He was sipping on a glass of whiskey. Stefan had just left, looking more stone faced and brooding than ever.

“I see they've opened the doors to the riff-raff now,” Klaus sighed after seeing a certain raven-haired vampire enter the bar. Gloria seeing this started waving the people out of the bar, making it empty.

“Oh, honey, I've been called worse.” Damon gave a coy smirk.

“You don't give up, do you?” Klaus sighed, toying with a wooden umbrella he found.

“Give me my brother back...You'll never have to see me again.”

“Well, I am torn. You see, I promised Stefan I wouldn't let you die, but how many freebies did I really sign up for? And clearly, you want to die, otherwise, you wouldn't be here,”

Damon raised his eyebrows and shrugged, “What can I say? I'm a thrill-seeker.”

This seemed to tick Klaus off. He quickly sped and grabbed Damon by the throat. He glared at the younger vampire, lifting him off the floor by his neck. With Klaus’s free hand he picked up the little umbrella, twirling in between his fingers. “Oh, dear, what was that? I'm boozy, so you'll forgive me if I miss your heart the first few tries”

He then stabbed the small wooden object into Damon’s gut, “Ohh! No, that's not it. Hmm…” Damon lets out a low grunt in pain.

With the small ruckus made Cybele began to stir from her sleep. She rolled over and nearly fully rolled out of the booth and flat on her face. Luckily she caught herself hardly on the table.

“And now you’ve awoken poor Cybele,” Klaus dramatically sighed, shaking his head at Damon. Klaus then stabbed him again in the gut, this time slightly higher up towards the ribcage. Damon turned his head, all he could with being in a chokehold to stare at the shapeshifter with narrowed eyes.

Cybele, who was in a loopy state of mind, barely even registered that it was Damon being one-armed choked by Klaus. Cybele didn’t make any comment, just sleepily rubbing her eyes.