11

°•♡•°

°•♡•°

Cybele huffed out a heavy breath, blowing her long frizzy hair out of her face. She wore a black tank top with a black and white flannel tied tightly around her waist. She was on the edge of overheating, and her feet ached. 

“You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?” Klaus asked, breaking the silence between the three. Lowly Cybele let out a groan and was so peaceful most of the way up the mountain to find this pack but the loudmouth couldn't help himself. 

“I'm fine,” Stefan sighs, readjusting Ray who was slung over his shoulder. 

“You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down… And what of you Cybele?” Klaus asked, turning to the shapeshifter, who swiftly ignored him walking further up the hill. “Ah, the silent treatment still? It’s been two days it’s not my fault your brother didn’t answer his phone,”

 There was a solid beat of silence and Cybele stopped moving altogether. Stefan tensed up at the dangerous look in Cybele’s eyes. “You know, I get that we're, uh... we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chit chat, it'd be great.”

“So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend.” Klaus simply states before the hybrid and vampire continued their trek. Cybele stood there a few more seconds debating tackling Klaus and snapping his neck. Would she be killed instantly?

“Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer.”

“Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There,” Klaus nodded as the three of them came to the peak of the mountain. Tents were scattered everywhere and people were spread out in small groups talking amongst themselves. Stefan takes a step and chucks Ray onto the forest floor. 

“No need to be a cunt,” Cybele mumbled. Stefan and Klaus shot her a small look in shock considering those were her first words in days. 

A woman looked at the group and let out a scream, “Ray! Oh, my God. What's going on? Who are you?” directing the question to Stefan. She shot a look at Cybele studying her face as if she knew her. Cybele looked at her quizzically and frankly a little creeped out at the woman’s expression. “The shapeshifter! One of the triplets! The books said you died,” she trailed off towards the end staring at Cybele with awe. She looked up to find all of the pack had their eyes on her looking at her like she was the new cure for cancer. 

“Now the important question you need to be asking is who am I, my name is Klaus,” Klaus stepped ahead of Cybele, drawing the eyes off of her.