Chapter 2 | The Favor

Madelynn

I curl my hear with extra care this morning and put a bit more effort in applying my make-up. Making sure that it's not too noticeable but still shows that I did bother with making myself look presentable. The numbers of heads turn in my direction when I walk around the lecture building prove that my effort did not go in vain.

Now, I only need to capture the attention of my particular nerd boy.

My manicured nails tap against the wooden table as my eyes keep on wandering over the clock hanging in front of the class.

Two more painful minutes.

I let out a silent groan and my heel tap against the pavement as if it had a mind of their own.

I'm aware that I'm breaking one of the rule by wearing heels but I need to impress someone- hopefully he's impress.

Besides, Mr. Bob, the discipline head teacher is not around since he need to visit his parents at Ohio, so it is save to say that I am in a safe zone to break minor rules.

Only when Miss Johnson, my Math teacher, turn her infamous glare on me that I stop my action all together. It's not that I'm afraid of her but I have an important cheer practice tomorrow and I don't want to be deprive of it. The girls will give me the sting eyes if I fail to attend.

I try to avoid as much drama as possible.

Less than 10 seconds left until the the bell rang and my nails continue to tap against the table with each second.

Five,

Four,

Three,

Two,

One. The bell went off.

I had never in my life stand up so fast as I've done at this moment. I don't waste anytime before dashing out of the classroom. One of the perks of being labelled as the 'Daddy Rich Girl' of the school is that no one dare to stand in your way. The throng of students parts away to allow me to pass through without having to push through them.

I already texted Regina and Vittoria whether Lorenzo is at the cafeteria or not. They immediately reply with a 'No' and that he might not be there at all since his two buddies were having lunch without him. Though, I still ask them to update me if they sees him anywhere within their sight of line.

My eyes actively search for a specific brown hair male who would likely carry a bunch of books. Only when my neck begin to feel a bit strain from the constant twist in search for him that I let out a frustrated sigh before turning to the boy standing innocently beside me.

He let out a strangle noise and cower back a few steps back under my ministration. I continue to scrutinize him and come to the conclusion that he can be pass as the 'Student with a brain' and the probability of him having any idea of where Lorenzo might be is highly possible.

I slowly takes few steps towards him and lean slightly down in consideration of his average height.

I intend to calm his nerve down by giving him my best smile but it only resulted in him letting out a soft whimper.

Well, can't blame me for trying.

I decide to not waste anymore time and instead try my luck by asking, "Have you seen Lorenzo?"

The only answer he gave me is by showing me his slightly widened eyes, silently begging for me to leave him alone.

"Lorenzo. Romanov. Any idea where he might be?", I ask once more a little slower this time- slightly irritated.