Chapter 18 | Rabbit Warren

A man clad in an expensive wooden shade three pieces suit seated peacefully on the cafe's chair. He looks out of place and the garment somehow looks ill fitting for him. He took a careful sip from his hot tea_ he doesn't even like tea in general but the small cafe does not serve his favourite alcohol and bringing his own will resulted him from being denied acres this place. After all, this was a non-violence brief meeting as he so calmly utter to him over the phone.

He could hear the tinkling sound when the door was pushed open from the outside and hit the bell hanging above it. His hold on the tea cup tightened when four figures entered the cafe. Clad in their high school uniform with an air of innocent around them, they could be mistaken as a normal high schools students. They've been commingling for three years that they successfully makes the innocent student's appearance looks natural on them.

The head of the group took a seat with an air of confidence, directly facing him. His brown hair looks slightly tousled like he just get out of bed though Steel find himself feeling irritated that he still look good, disheveled or otherwise. His uniform looks neat and fit him perfectly, no doubt it was customary tailored for him every year. 

Lorenzo lean against the small chair as he cross his leg over the other before pushing a tablet over to him. He smile at him but didn't bother hiding the rage brimming on the surface of his eyes, hidden behind his mock up spectacles. He keeps his voice low when he utter his name.

"Steel", he said his name like a devil ready to drag him to hell.

Lorenzo grin widen when Steel failed to controlled his nerve as his hand jumped slightly causing few drops of his tea to spilled on his pants. The hot liquid seep through the fabric of his pants and slightly burn his skin as he swore under his breath.

"Let's make this short. In there was the recorded CCTV footage from the moment Xavier arrive in the US and when he was taken to the abandoned ship and the moment his corps being transported to your house, that could be found in folder A, as well as the footage of our vicinity during said period in folder B", Lorenzo explained as he waited for Steel to open the tab and look into the videos before he continue to say, "While our call logs, text messages or any sort of communication devices we used during said period can be found in folder C. Enough to prove that we have no involvement in Xavier's death, yes?"

"How can I be sure that you're not in any way fabricated or took out certain information so as to hide your role in the murder of my brother?", he asked and Lorenzo have to give Steel a credit for keeping his voice calm when he accuses him in such a way.

"Feel free to throw your money away to do your own investigation, I'm not stopping you", Lorenzo replied in amity before his voice drop few degrees colder, "Though, while you're at it. Keep your hands away from Madelyyn"

This time, Steel failed to maintain his bravado when he stutter in his words, "...or what?"

Lorenzo get up from his seat to round the corner and stand behind Steel's chair before placing his hands on each of his shoulder. Lorenzo can feel the tensing of his muscled and from the satisfied smirk on his friends face seated across from him, Steel realised that he had failed to hide his expression that well.

Lorenzo bring his face beside Steel's before saying under his breath, "You know what I'm capable of Steel"

"What? Ask your dear father to kill me? Just like you kill my brother?", Steel asked foully.

Lorenzo let out a dark chuckled as he replied with mirth, "I only ever killed my own target with my own hands and I never allow myself from hiding behind my father's back whenever I faced any issues, Steel"

"Well that was when killing and guns used to be your profession. You had proudly announce your intention to step down from the seat few years ago and now, you're only a regular person and if a regular person commit any crime, that person wouldn't get immunity from the organisation. So, if you kill me, you'll not only be dealing with the Po-Po but also the organisation", Steel finish his sentences with satisfied smirk as if he just said the most intelligent thing ever.