Chapter 8 | Luxurious Disaster

Madelynn

The polite slap against my face successfully jolted me awake this morning- without leaving any trace of grogginess behind.

Why do I refer it as polite, you may ask? Cause it's a hand, this time, instead of her foot. Though, it didn't make it any less painful but it's- polite.

I threw away Regina's arm off of my face and she grumble an incoherent syllabus before turning around to throw her hand and leg across the still sound asleep Vittoria. I blew the strands of hair out off my face and quickly sit up.

That was proven to be a mistake move. I fall back against my bed and curl myself into a ball before my hands come up to message my temple to drove away the splitting headache, no doubt due to the hungover effect from last night wine fiasco. I let out a whimper until the ache lessen slightly before sitting up slowly and carefully with a groan.

I really need to stop waking up like this.

Fortunately, we were informed that our morning period was cancelled last night due to the Minister's impromptu visit.

Bless their soul.

Which had lead us to opened a second bottle of alcoholic drink- soju this time. Though, the splitting headache was not worth it but we can't seems to stop seeking the numbing effect from the alcohol. It's our only way out from reality and this ridiculous school's rules.

Enough with the mental monologue, I throw away the cover and move off of the comfort of my bed. I pick up my phone from the night stand and move towards my bathroom. There are seventy-one missed call from my dear mother and a single message from my dad that simply state: Answer your mother's call, honey.

Not even a simple: How are you? How's school? Or, I miss you. Not that I expect much from them.

After ignoring both the text and the countless missed called. I finish brushing my teeth before taking a quick hot shower. Last night was intense so I need to freshen up.

I found Vittoria sitting at the edge of my bed after I close the bathroom door. She held a pack of Advil and gesture towards the half filled water bottle before moving towards the bathroom after greeting each other with a subtle 'morning'. I mean, we still have not eaten yet. We need food to process our brain and functioning enough to start a decent conversation.

I open the mini refrigerator before taking out the left over mochi donuts and placing it on top of my lap as I sit at the foot of my bed. The sweet goodness explode inside my mouth as I chew the sticky dough whilst drying my hair with my other hand.

Vittoria come out out of the bathroom ready for the day half an hour later. She narrow her eyes before she asked disapprovingly, "Come on Maddy. We only got half an hour left to grab lunch before there's none left for us to eat. They serve lamb steak with a side of fried vegie today. You know it will be gone within minutes"

I swallow the chunk of doughnuts as Vittoria apply some lip gloss before picking up her bag. I take another mouthful before saying, "You can go there early and save us a spot, no?"

Vittoria shakes her head at my swollen cheeks full of food before sighing in defeat, "Don't talk with your mouth full. Though, you may look adorable doing it but the green-chocolate, white thing mixed together with your saliva thingy inside your mouth? Doesn't look too appetizing, honey"