Chapter 17 | The Circle

The grey sky painted above the mansion indicate an incoming storm about to sweep through the area and the picture of it cause the already eerie mansion to emit a sinister air to it. The Circle's headquarter was redeveloped from an old abandoned mansion. It is a place where all the United States's Mafia family gathers for crucial officiate meetings, necessary united strategy, officiate ceremonial and to resolve any other internal as well as external issues. The location are situated in a secluded area surrounded by thick forest, strictly guarded with numerous numbers of skilled trained assassin. The Circle refers to the the top ten Mafia's family members whom to held an upmost power and authority under the supervision of The High Table whom is also known as the Elders.

A call for an emergency meeting was held at the Circle's Hq and all members are require to attend. A car went through the mansion's run down metal gate before it stop directly in front of the mansion. The driver rounded the corner before opening the passenger door with professionally trained etiquette. A fair skinned woman exit the car before standing in front of the mansion as she look over the top window of the middle part of the building. Clad in an all black formal three piece suit, her straight ivory shoulder length hair gently sway as the wind pick up its pace.

There was no other living things in sight as she took careful steps up the steep and slippery stairs as to avoid falling to her death. It may seems like she's alone but it was a common knowledge among frequent visitor that your every move will be watched by thousand pairs of eyes and an equal amount of armoury pointed to your direction. She paid them no heed as she finally reach the end of the stairs to face the face detector, a high-tech security measure installed to avoid unwelcome visitor. The door automatically swung open and she pull her red painted lips in distaste over the old abandoned furniture. It was intentional of course, in case an invasion took place, the important matters begin at the first floor.

The clicking sound of her heels resonate around the room as she walk straight up the elevator hidden behind a mock up book case. She reach the top floor in a span of seconds and proceed to push the main door open to reveal ten pair of eyes seated around the wooden tabled, shaped in a circle for efficient communication. Their eyes follow her every movement. Number of them with amusement, some with boredom, others with precise calculation and two or three of them with lustful intent.

She took her seat on a chair situated against the right side of the wall, place on a one inch tall platform. Her job is to observe and listen before reporting back to the High Table. The Mafia fear her, some detest her and minority of them befriend her outside her job. She turn on the recorder before placing them on the small table placed in front of her, in a position that give the Circle a clear view of it.

"Effecting ninth ten two three. Present under the Circle", her voice give its listener a chill down their spine as the words convey through her mouth was the words of the Elders and the words of the Elders are laws.

"Azakeal Romanov, Malakai J. Hutson, Ethan Stone, Oliver Zumstein, Orion Mendez, Alexander Anderson, Mateo Hernandez , Levi Lee, Grayson Grey and Benjamin King", she paused for a full minute as her black coated kohl eyes scan the room, "You may begin"

"Romanov", the person siting across from Azakeal called out his attention with a voice filled with seething annoyance.

Azakeal return the man's hard stare of his own before faking a humorous smile, "Stone"

"Your son have been busy trailing blood all over his trail", Ethan spat the word 'son' like a venom.

"Which one?", Azakeal asked in a light tone.

"Don't play dumb Azakeal", Ethan let out a tired sigh, "The people are restless"

"I must say... killing off one of your own blood is too much, no?", Grayson interrupted.