Chapter 2- Grounded

"Dad... what are you doing here?"

Mr Huxley turned over to his son who was sitting up on his bed, his eyelids opening and closing as drowsiness were lingering in them.
Huxley was well aware of everything he had purchased for his son, including accessories for him to bring to school, so it's no doubt that he wouldn't recognise if an unfamiliar object is found in his house.
A mix of emotions, but the most vivid one arising in him was confusion.
Why..? I don't understand... Are this the things that went missing? This doesn't make sense... how could he? Why would he?

" Caiden... what is all this? " He asked calmly, trying to stay in his senses.
" D-Dad.. "

Caiden yawned loudly before sitting up straight on the bed and scratching his neck. He had an unbothered, sleepy look on his face.

" Ahh you found out... Ahm what now—? Well- uh, dad, I got these from school. " He continued with a smile.
" ...Got? "
" Well... fine more like "took". "

Mr. Huxley's eyes widened as he took a closer look at his son, and the furrows in his brow rose into a piercing scowl. You... stole it...? You? Why? And he's admitting it, wow.

" But dad! Isn't it cool? It's been more than one week and they haven't even found out or thought it would be me! Plus now, I have many things I didn't even have befo- "

" Caiden Huxley! "

He yelled his son's name in shock and rage that was rising within of him, within hearing each words that carelessly spilled from his mouth.
Caiden was shocked by that, his body jerked back in surprise and his lively expression vanished into a rather strange, annoyed look.

" Dad...? Why are you mad? "
" Caiden, you stole these!? How could you?! How could you even think of doing something like this?! "

Dad.... Why is he so angry at me...? What's so wrong with what I've done? I just took what I wanted... what's so wrong about that? I didn't even hurt anyone??
Caiden stood up from his bed, as tears started welling up in his eyes, now filling up with deep emotions. Sadness.

"D-Dad?" He stuttered out.

" Caiden... Why? How could you just take something away from someone as if it was yours? It's not yours and they never were! And they never will be just 'cause you stole it! " With a mixture of rage and anguish in his eyes, he kept yelling each words at his son.

It was the first time he had argued with his son, and Caiden had never seen his father upset at him before. Caiden's throat broke into a sob and cried after hearing him speak, believing that he had done nothing wrong and yet still, his father was angry with him. Caiden covered his face while sobbing since he didn't want to enrage his father further and believed that he would anger him greatly if he saw him in that state. What frightened him the most was disappointment. And that especially, coming from his father whom he genuinely looked up to.

Mr. Huxley wasted no time in pulling out a bag and filling it with all the unknown objects from the cupboard. As he was doing so, a name card slipped out his hand causing it to tumble down to the ground. He picked it up and saw the name "Emrys Inferno" printed on the name card. An odd but well-known name. However, it was the diamonds embellished onto the namecard that would catch everyone's attention first. Maybe that's what triggered Caiden and drove him to steal this young student's namecard...? Yet,who brings such an expensive, dramatic namecard to school anyways?

Shaking his thoughts away, he placed the namecard inside his bag along with the other missing objects that were left. With that being done, he turned over to Caiden who was still sobbing, and let out a deep sigh of distraught.