Chapter 12: A start of the end.

Mr Huxley walked into his house with the briefcase on his hands just to be greeted with his wife's grave look on her face. Mrs Huxley, Carla, walked upto him and gripped him by the collar, not so roughly. Cecil didn't even have the energy to look at her but immediately did after hearing the words from his wife.

"The mass murder is related to you, isn't it?" She asked, without hesitancy

Cecil dig his nails in the briefcase, nervously. He felt his heart sinking to his stomach as his eyes turned grey "It isn't"

He held her wrist which was on his collar and slowly pulled it away. After that, he started walking in to his home. His eyes started watering, from the overwhelming anxiety yet, devastation. He covered his mouth and quietly begin to sob as he stopped walking. He dropped the suitcase to the ground and fell into his knees. The sudden realization, the anxiety, the fear, everything hit him. I'm not lying when I say that he had the sudden urge to slit his own throat and take his life, right now and here. He felt so miserable, his heart was shattering. He was betrayed, he felt like he was the murderer. Everything was his fault. Everything is now his responsibility. The amount of people dead, the amount of suffering this gem brought was all because of him.

She made her way and stood before her husband, watching him in his state. Her lips quivered as her throat felt dry. She didn't know what to think, she didn't know anything. She had no clue but she knew her husband is in big damn trouble. Kneeling down on one knee, she slowly pulled Cecil to her and hugged him warmly in her embrace. He clenched onto her shirt and rested his forehead on her shoulder.

"Why... why are you crying? Why are you in so much pain, Cecil?"

He didn't say anything, he couldn't stop the tears. His breath hitched in between as his voice kept on cracking. Both of them kept quiet and hugged each other tight for the moment.

...............................................

A moment later, Cecil collected himself up. He calmed down and wiped his tears away before pulling away from his wife.  He looks straight at her eyes and then at the ground. He sighed,

"C-Carla.."
"Don't hide it anymore. Tell me everything" she cupped his cheek and looked at his eyes softly.

I should... I should tell her everything. If she leaves me... maybe that'd be good... she won't be in any danger that way. Yea it's time Cecil... time to reveal everything. He inhaled deeply and looked in her eyes.

"Yea, the mass murder is related to me... Harvey did it because of me"
"H-How..."
"The gem..."

He told her everything right in order.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting in his chair, tapping his foot on the ground, he was looking at the night scenery from the glass walls in his office. It was so lovely, the stars glittering and the moon blazing from the sky. His eyes weakened thinking about his late wife.

"Olivia... you're still breathtaking as ever, shinning in the sky like that"

Mr inferno whispered to himself and sighed. He parted his mouth and started speaking whole looking at the stars as they reminded him of his wife. His voice carried deep sorrow

"I thought you promised that you'd be there for me and my son no matter what."
"I'm sorry I didn't have time for you... I'm sorry I was so into my business. I'm sorry, Olivia"
"Now please forgive me and come back... you know that you were my everything right?
"Now I barely have anything left... I feel a part of my dying..."
"I miss you so fucking much"
"Please..."
"I'm so..sorry"

Just as he was pleading, He suddenly heard a knock on the door. He immediately changed his expression and turned to his desk within a swift. Opening one of his files and pretended to be focused on it.

"Come in"

He looked forward to see his assistant with some files and paperwork in her arms.

"Yea, bring it on"

She walked in and placed it down on the desk infront of him before speaking,

"Mr Inferno, it's time to take a break from everything"
"I know..."

"Ah, also sir, young master Emrys asked for your permission to stay at Caiden's the next Saturday"
"Yea sure, why not"

They're hanging out a lot these days.

"And... the... police wants to talk to you about something"
"Related to Olivia?"
"No, about the Huxgravite Company"
"Huxgravite..? You mean... the company Mr Huxley owns?"
"Yes"
"Why? What about it?"
"Sir... haven't you seen the news?"

He immediately stood up with a rather serious look on his face. He shook his head slightly.

"No... what's going on? I haven't turned on the TV for a while now. What happened to Cecil?"
"Sir you haven't heard of the gem...? The cursed gem? The mass murder?"
"What...? Cursed what?"
"The cursed gem"
"Tell me everything now, Alicia!"

...

"So in conclusion, every victims claims that... Harvey Hendrix forced them to touch the gem... the police haven't revealed everything yet to the public but the searching of Harvey Hendrix starts tomorrow"
"W..Why?"
"So they can question him. Apparently, every victims were seen last with Harvey Hendrix... that's enough evidence now for an arrest warrant"
"Oh my... fucking lord"

Mr Inferno looked down at his desk with his eyes widen, in shock yet terror. He knew Harvey... he knew him in collage and he can promise that Harvey would never do this... but... now thinking deeply about this, he can't make any promises.

"Cecil..? What about Cecil?!"
"There's no information about him at the moment... the rumor is that the company is on a break now"
"Caiden? How about him?"
"I've seen him with Emrys, alot of times so I suppose he's safe and sound"

He sighed, running his fingers through his hair, frustrated. He shook his head, unable to digest everything. What the fuck? What in the actual fuck?! A cursed gem? A gem which posses people to kill their loved ones? A mass murder?! Harvey... forced them? But he wouldn't... why would he do that? For no reason! This has to be a joke... a misunderstanding! No... it isn't... He suddenly stopped his thoughts and blanked out for a second.

"So you're telling me... Harvey Hendrix is.. capable of killing others...?"
"Yes, Mr Inferno"
"Right... ha..." He took a deep breath before continuing "How do you even know all of this..?"
"Detective Ajax told me to pass these information to you"
"But what does this have to do with me? Why does the police want to talk to me about this?"
"Because..."

"-Because they suspect that Cecil Huxley is an accomplice of Harvey Hendrix"
"What.. in the actual fucking bullshit?"

*************************************************