Chapter 3- Leason learned?

Noon, 2pm where the sun shined brightly. It was so damn hot.

Mr Huxley is driving to school with his wife on the front seat beside him and his son on the backseat. The car was filled with nothing but piercing silence. The parents weren't used to such awkwardness as the car was always filled with Caiden's stories and his father's laughter. Three of them despised this atmosphere but they knew they had to bear it for now.

Yesterday night, Mr Huxley have already let the teachers know about his son's situation so it's no doubt that every parents, students and teachers would be there waiting for them. Especially... him

Reaching the school, they all got out and Caiden led his parents to the hallway of the school where everyone was waiting curiously for this family as expected. Mr Huxley eyes first searched for that particular person and sighed not finding him. Right... he was always a busy person to begin with.

Caiden looked at his classmates who were all glaring at him and whispering dirty about him. On how he betrayed their trust, and how he's just such a jealous, poor little scum. Even though their whispers were loud enough, no one dared stop them even when the Huxley family heard it. Caiden looked away as the whispers never bothered him anyway. Almost as if he was too lazy to spare a minimum amount of energy to even care.

But then... the family noticed a student who was standing a bit further away from his classmates, who weren't talking any bad about Caiden. A student, who were frowning, just kept starring at Caiden... not with sadness but with concern which made Caiden angry somehow. Caiden avoided that student's gaze, turning his head the other way. He didn't need any pity. He behaved as if he didn't count anyone here as friends which made Mr and Mrs Huxley rather worried.

" So... Mr Huxley... first why don't we apologize to the students and then we will have a private meeting with just the parents and teachers alone if that's alright with everyone... " One of the teachers suggested.

" Ah, yes ma'am, I'm not displeased with that decision. " Mr Huxley smiled.
" Neither are we. " One of the parents said with bitterness all over her voice.

Most of the teachers were happy seeing one of their student own upto his mistakes but that wasn't the case for the parents. They all looked at him disgusted, shocked and judged him for his background, forgetting that he's a child. In such discriminated atmosphere, Mrs Huxley just wanted to leave with her family but she couldn't... because on the other hand, Mr Huxley didn't mind it, he thought that it all comes with the mistake his son did.

Mr Huxley walked up closer to the crowd with his son and exhaled heavily before beginning to speak.

"Right... first I apologize for causing everyone trouble and inconvenience... I'm sorry I didn't notice that there was a stealing situation going on in my son's school for almost 2 weeks now. My son confessed his wrong doings without any hesitations. My wife and I have talked to him about this... and we made sure that a situation like this will never occur in this school from his side ever again. I admit that it was bad parenting... I apologize from my side as well. Please forgive me and my son"

Mr Huxley changed his gaze to his son from the crowd and nodded, giving him a signal in where his turn to apologize came.

Hesitating a lot, Caiden sighed scratching his nape and coughs a bit. Argh dad... this is pathetic. He thought to himself in shame.

" I'm sorry... I will never repeat this again. " Caiden mumbled, looking down.
" What's that kid? We can't hear you well. " One of the parents exclaimed in amusement.
"I..." Caiden stopped midway as he looked up at the parent, quite immediately understanding their intention.