Chapter 6- Cursed

" Harvey, if what you're saying is true... then, this whole thing is much bigger. This is beyond us. " Cecil spoke, his breath shaky.

" I know, I know. Look, how about... for now, let's keep this as a secret project. First we explore more, study about this place, and then let the other's know. Maybe this will be good for us? "The Huxgravite Industries discovered a new place in this world" ?? We could be all over on the new's headlines."

" I don't know Harvey... This doesn't seem so right... "

" What are you suggesting that we do? "

" Maybe.. Maybe we should tie hands with Nikos for this project? "

" What?! Nikos? Nikos Inferno?! That fuckward? Cecil, you know damn well that all he cares is that he gets every credits in the end. He cheats. "

" Harvey.. " Cecil sighed.

Harvey wasn't wrong. Cecil knew that.

" Fine. Let's keep it a secret for now. " Cecil concluded, giving him a nod.

Harvey nodded back, giving a pat on Cecil's shoulder before making his way back to the site.

Seriously... What the hell is happening here? Cecil thought to himself as he shook his head. A place that just appeared on the face of Earth for no apparent reason? There's no dots to connect, nothing. It's makes no sense.

But just as he was thinking, he turned around to check up on his son, but he took a step forward when he didn't find his child where he left. He sighed, he thought maybe this time, Caiden would atleast behave himself, and loosing him on a place like this wasn't the best idea. Even though Mr Huxley was sure that he was just playing around, he always wanted to be sure.

Placing the package aside on the table beside him, he made his way over to his assistant.

" Manila, where is my son? "
" Huh, sir he's right over there... "

She turned around to where she last saw him but the results caught her in a dreadful situation. He was no where to be seen.

" Sir I-I'll find him right now! Please be calm! "

Cecil facepalmed himself in disappointment. He sighed and started walking while looking around the places. Every time, it was like a treasure hunting. He would leave clues and run off to somewhere... this time... I can't find anything.

Mr Huxley narrowed his eye to the ground and soon sighed in relief finding his son's footprints. Oh thank god, he thought to himself. With that information, he slowly started following footprints left by his son's shoes. His eyes followed to where the footsteps led him. A cave? Oh lord no.

Walking along with the footstep left by his son, he shoulders were tensing up and his palms were sweaty. Why would he go in a cave? God, who knows what's in there... Mr Huxley turned around to notice some of the workers and his assistant following him. Of course, their intentions after seeing the cave were to check if there's something interesting in there that they could find. After all, caves do hold many wonders.

Just as he was about to enter the cave, his workers stopped him.

" Mr Huxley, it's not safe to get in without any idea of this place. "
" My son is in there. "
" Yes but- "
" Are you serious?! " He pushed the men out of his way, " What do you expect? " He scowled as he started making his way into the cave.

He took a torchlight, turning it on. Ignoring the words from his employees, he got in the cave... but it was already beaming that the use of a torchlight wasn't necessary