Chapter 8- The more you know

Mr Huxley was in his room, looking through his files about the newly found sand. Placing the reports aside, he sighed resting his cheek on his palm, exhaustion already taking over him. Tomorrow Harvey will bring the gem back... What am I supposed to do with it? I should sell it... It would be much better. But now that Nikos is taking a break, I can't ask for his help too.... Letting out a frustrated sigh he stood up and stretched his shoulders. He decided to go for a walk.

He made his way out of his room to meet his wife on the living room. Walking upto her, he planted a kiss on her head before speaking,

" I'm going out. Do you need any groceries? "
" Mhn no, not really. "
" Alright "

He nodded and put on his coat. Just as he was about to head out, he sighed and looked over to his wife "Honey?"

" Yes? " She turned over to him.
" Do you wanna go for a dinner tonight? "
" ...Why suddenly? " She asked, being that she thought Cecil had been busy with his work for the past few days.
" I miss you. " He smiled.
" 9 tonight sounds good. " She smiled back

Returning the smile with a promising nod, he left outside. He started walking on the footpath. Feeling the fresh breeze once in a while cleared the headache that stubbornly sticked onto his head. These days, his wife hasn't been the same after Olivia's death. The dinner was an attempt to cheer her up, but, he's sure whether that's a suitable thing with all that's going on at the moment.

He frowned as he felt his chest clenching. Why am I feeling like this? Nothing bad has happened... Not yet... Am I forgetting something? Just as he was wondering why his anxiousness started forming in his head, his phone started ringing. He looked over at the caller ID and picked it up immediately right after seeing Harvey's name across the screen.

" Huxley! "
" Yes? What's up? "
" Oh God... Christ I- uhm how do I say this... Come to my house right now. "
" What? "
" Come to my house. I can only explain it here. "
" ...Is it about the William and the other workers? "
" Yes, exactly. You have to hurry up. "
" Got it. "

In tension filled hours, Cecil expected nothing but bad news from Harvey, judging upon his anxious and disturbed voice.

In just a few minutes, he found himself standing in front of Harvey's house and knocking on his door, only to be suddenly opened and be greeted by Harvey quickly pulling Cecil inside.

" Cecil, Cecil we're done, we're so fucking done. "

" Harvey what happened? "

" Oh shit, oh god. "

" Harvey just tell me for Christ's sake! "

Disquieted, Harvey walked back and forth around his room, his palms cold as ice and sweaty. Watching the man, Cecil stopped him by his shoulders and looked at him.

" Cecil.. " Harvey begun, as he slowly sat down on one of the chair, intertwining his fingers and fixing his gaze to the floor, " The gem is the devil itself. "

" What... What did it do? "

" William.. h-he killed his wife. "

" What. "

" William killed his wife. "

" W-What are you saying? Why? How'd you know? "

" I don't know, I don't know for fuck's- okay, look. "

Confused, yet terrified of the given information, Cecil slowly sat down in front of Harvey as he leaned forward, closely and attentive to listen to him.

" Layla, she followed him. After touching the gem, he was unconscious but, the possession drove him to walk all the way to his house to his wife and... "