Chapter 4- Money Is The Solution.

" Please ma'am, I'm sure that we can settle this without the need of bringing any authorities in. The child has already committed to his wrongdoings. "
"Teacher, I refuse! A child like that in future will surly grow to be a thief! I can't let my daughter be in the same school as him!"
"Excuse you?!!" Scoffed loudly, Mrs Huxley.

As the situation says, it was clear that the meeting wasn't going so well. All the parents couldn't bare letting a kid like Caiden, study in the same school as their pupils. On the other hand, the teacher's view on the situation was quite different. To them, Caiden was a great student. His studies, and his grades made him worthy enough to study in this school. More than that, they considered Caiden's actions of confessing, as a good act. The both parties couldn't come to an agreement. And in the middle stood the Huxleys. Disrespected, and humiliated.

" Can we all please take a moment to calm down? " One of the professors belted loudly and let out a sigh.
" The kid owned up to his mistakes, without hesitation, and brought back everything to their rightful owners. If it were someone else, it's no doubt that they would be too scared to admit it in such situation. " The principal who were listening to both sides, finally stood up.

" With all due respect Sir, that doesn't concern me. For one whole week, my son's stuff have gone missing and it was "stolen". I bought him that with my money! Isn't it right bringing in the authorities and let them decide it? "
" Yes, I'm still not feeling comfortable by the idea that we have to let this go as if nothing happened and watch our child's stuff get stolen again. "

" Can you please not treat my son like a robber?! " Mr Huxley shouted, finally getting enough of the direct insults to his son, which he certainty didn't deserve.

He knew who his son was. And he was not a thief. His son is a quiet, but kind and a soft kid who is willing to share. That's who my son is, he knew... Or he believed so.

" I admit what he done was a mistake, but, he's just ten. He is a child. He deserves a second chance. " Mrs Huxley continued.
" That entirely depends on us, Carla. " A woman chastised.

" Oh please, who the fuck even are you? " Mrs Huxley bashed back.

" Like mother like son huh?! I can see where he got his disrespect from. " A man alleged.
" What did you just say to my wife?! " Mr Huxley yelled, his gaze sharpening as his hands started balling upto a fist. The audacity...

" Everyone, calm down. " The headmaster slammed the table, causing a distraction to attract their attention, before continuing with his speech, " This is about Caiden. Not any of you. "

" Look, may I ask you a question, Mr Huxley? "
" Please. "
" In your family line, has anyone ever been a robber, or a thief before? "

...

A moment of silence occupied the whole room. All the eyes turned their focus to Cecil, waiting for his answer who seemed to be tongue-tied after hearing such, targeted question provoke directly at him.

" I'm sorry... but what does that have anything to do with this?" Asked Carla, instead of her husband.

" For someone so young to behave like this, I suppose to must be connected to another issue, which is the- "

Before the man could even declare his statement, Mr Huxley stood up from his chair with a pale face, carrying nothing, not even a hint of emotion. He turned to looked at his wife, giving her a small nod, which was his way of letting her know that there was no further point in staying here. Carla stared at him for a while, unsure of why he wasn't defending himself, and their family. Why isn't the answering that question?