Chapter 9- When I Met Your Eyes, Time Stopped.

My phone has been blowing up from messages in my pocket. Expected, it's from William, James, and the others. But here am I, ignoring them and pretending as if nothing has happened. It's only been a few hours since I've left his house and the next thing I'm doing right now is having a peaceful date with my wife, shamelessly.

"Honey your order?"

Yea that's right, a date with my wife in this situation. I asked her out today morning... and it seems like she was looking forward to it a lot. It's been ages since we've went on a date as I've always got caught up with work. So.... I didn't have the heart to cancel it.

"Honey?"

Ugh I don't know... I just can't focus on anything right now. I don't have an appetite. My head is blurry, I'm feeling closed up. My heart has had been killing me ever since I left that house... My stomach feels sick. My breathing is heavy... I'm panicking. A lot. And I want it to stop... but it just won't.

" Cecil! "
" Huh!? "

Snapping out of it, he finally realised that he had been zoning out the entire time. He looked at his wife, cluelessly for a moment before noticing the waitress who stood beside him. He sighed and rested his head against his palm upon.

" I'm sorry.. " He spoke in a lowered voice.

Carla looked at her husband with concern. He's out of it. Letting out a soft sigh, she looked over at the waiter.

" I apologize, we'll have our order ready in a bit. " She said, keeping her eyes on Huxley.
" That's no problem! We'll check in on you. " The waiter exclaimed with a polite smile before leaving.

Great, now I'm ruining our date too... Argh why is this happening to me...

" Honey, what's going on? "
" No it's nothing. Just... work..? "
" I'm not that dumb. You're clearly worrying a bit too much about something else. "
" ...Let's enjoy our dinner, honey "
" I. Won't. " She narrowed his eyes at him " I won't enjoy it without you. "
" Carla... "

He finally looked up at her and his eyes lingered at the sight of his wife. Her dress, the way the frills fall over his shoulder. Her makeup, the soft blush spread across her cheeks, Her jewelries, the thin chain pendent he had brought for her on their first anniversary. He only seemed to notice it now. That how beautiful and lovely she looked tonight.

" You look... beautiful today. "

Suddenly, a feeling of peace rushed inside him. His heartbeat calmed down. The hurricane in his head settled down to a gentle wave. Every single thing eft his body... and only her, she remained in him. The restaurant, he finally seemed to have notice it too. It wasn't the fancy type of place but rather a quiet, cozy one. The place they spend their first date on. It's been so long since he had seen this restaurant too... his smile grew wider when their memories replayed back in his head.... He felt warm. The nostalgia was enough to make him not care less of everything that had happened to him last few days.

" Cecil... " she smiled seeing him calm down.
" The usual, lobster overload and seabreeze pasta? "
" You... you still remember it, huh?"
" It'd be impossible to forget you eating that like a beast on our first date. "
" Order before I punch you. "
" Yes ma'am " He chuckled.

As selfish as I can be, and as I cowardly I could act, I decided to ignore everything that had happened the past few days. Not only did I pretend like nothing was wrong, I convinced myself that I didn't know anything. All because I could genuinely be lost in this moment with my wife, and smile innocently in the way she loves to see me.

Who would've though that I deserved to be put in charge of controlling the devil's curse? That's what failure throws in your face when something in your life isn't right. That's understandable, nothing in my life had ever turned out right. Except my marriage, of course. But that was a heavy dilemma. In exchange of my marriage, I lost my family who stood strong against it.