Chapter 19 The Date

Whatever the substance you are addicted to - alcohol, food, legal or illegal drugs, or a person - you are using something or somebody to cover up your pain.                                                                       -  Eckhart Tolle

Julia's prov

I arrived at the restaurant feeling nervous like my stomach was in knots. I haven't been on a date in years. I can't help but feel self-conscious. I looked around the restaurant and it had a really elegant feel to it. The walls were painted a dark burgundy color which kind of gave it a club vibe. The music was soft and soothing and the smell of sweet candles which were lit on every table filled my nose with delight. Before leaving for the date John's eyes were focused on me, it made me feel powerful and confident.

"Julia," a woman asked as she approached me.

She had a black short flowy dress that exposed her chest and her blonde wavy hair was in a tight ponytail that made my head hurt. I gave her a gentle nod and followed her. We walked to the back section of the restaurant which looked like a club VIP section. We entered one of the many small rooms in which there was a round black chair. The chair took half of the wall in the room. The lights were a low red color going perfectly with the red velvet curtains on the wall.

"Is there anything I can get you in the meantime?" I took a seat on the chair and my body quickly adjusted because of how comfortable it was.

"I am fine for now thank you. Do you happen to know when Lucus will join me?" She looked at me confused like she didn't know who I was talking about.

" Oh, Mr. Waters will be joining you in a second." With that she shut the door behind her. Mr. Waters why that last name sounded so familiar.

"I hope I didn't have you waiting too long," Lucas said while finding a seat next to me.

He had on some light color ripped jeans with a long pink sleeve shirt. I instantly smelled his cologne which had a sweet smell. Nothing like John's which had a more masculine scent mixed with a soothing soft smell.

"You did," I cross my arms and look forward. He asked me on a date and made me wait for him. The audacity of men never ceases to amaze me.

"Sorry, Julia." He grabs my face turning me towards him. " You have every right to be mad. There is no excuse for letting you wait even one second for me."

"You better be," I teased. I gave his shoulder a light shove which got a chuckle out of him.

A new waitress walked in with a few drinks. She was wearing the same outfit the other waitress wore but her chest was bigger. I couldn't help taking a couple of glances wishing my chest looked that good. We barely paid attention to her since we were having a conversation. Lucas turned his head facing the waitress causing them to make eye contact. She instantly panicked dropping everything on the floor.

"I am so sorry," She cried as she started picking the broken glass with her bare hands.

"Hey!" Lucas snapped, grabbing her attention. "Don't pick that up!" She dropped the piece of glass and stood up quickly. "Go take care of another table and tell Melissa to come and clean this up."

" I am really sorry Mr. Waters, it won't happen again." She said with a worried face and twitching hands.

"It's fine." He assured her.  She quickly walked away like her feet were on fire.

"You slept with her right?" I ask, watching his face closely. That girl acted way too weird even if Lucas was her boss. Lucas chuckled, then slowly ich his head.