10

Naruto spent his first few day a marriage in pure bliss. His wife couldn't seem to keep her hands off him, and Naruto wasn't complaining. The village loved him, they went from being just okay with him to being fantastic to him overnight. Both Naruto and Mei had taken a few days off to relax for their honeymoon, for which they went to a nearby hot spring resort. Mei walking in the couples spring with nothing but her bikini on and the two of them spending the rest of the day there was a particular highlight. Zawabo and Huyri continued to date, and Mizura even caught the two together one day, but said nothing under threat of death. Of course life started to turn back to normal once the got home... Well almost.

Mei and Naruto stood in the middle of a large clearing, getting ready to summon Gamabunta, "you ready?" Naruto asked.

Mei nodded nervously, "as ready as you can be when you're about to meet a toad the size of mountain."

Naruto laughed nervously, "I'm sure it'll go fine, just watch for his...anger issues."

"Anger issues?" Mei roses an eyebrow.

Naruto decided it was better to show her than tell her, so he went through the hand seals and slammed his hand on the ground. A large amount of smoke filled the clearing, and a booming voice could be heard, "Who the hell summoned me?! Oh, it's the gaki, what do want shrimp, I was about to have some sake?"

Naruto jumped of his head and stood next to Mei, "this is my new wife, I wanted her to sign the contract."

Gamabunta looked at her, "oh yeah, my boy mentioned something about this. So this her huh? Well at least she's cute for a human, what good is she in a fight?"

"I have two bloodlines, Lave and Boil Release, I'm excellent with earth, water and fire style," Mei told him.

Gamabunta nodded, "Sound good, and my son told me you're a Kage. I think it's pretty safe to safe you're strong enough, we just have to make sure you're loyal to us and the gaki."

Mei smiled, "I can promise you, I would never break either of your trust's."

"Alright, just have her sign the contract and practice with the toads, you know the drill," said the toad.

"That's it? You almost killed me, and you just let her join no question," Naruto screamed.

Gamabunta shrugged, "she's a Kage, you're not, deal with it."

He poofed away while Naruto pouted, Mei just smiled and the got to work.

The next three months were rather uneventful. Naruto went on his visits to the Leaf and saw his friends, learn about how they were coming along and all that. Sakura was still learning medical ninjutsu, Lee was healing from his injuries, Shikamaru continued to hate the work of being a chunin, so on and so forth. Yet, everytime he went to the Leaf, he still thought of his old friend Sasuke. From what Tsunade had told him Sasuke was getting them was incredibly valuable, he was doing quite well. Naruto hoped he was finding what he was looking for, and that he would see his old friend again soon.

Naruto returned from his third visit with the Leaf to find that his wife had mission for him. He was very happy to hear that, he hadn't gotten a real mission since he got to the Mist. Naruto smiled and gave his wife a quick kiss, "great, what have you got for me?"

"You and Zawabo will be going on mission to recover Kiba," She began.

"Wait, Kiba's in trouble, why am I just finding out about this now?" Naruto screamed.

Mei laughed, "Not your friend Kiba, the twin blades Kiba. It's one of the 7 deadly swords, we've tracked down the missing-nin who has it and we want you and Zawabo to retrieve it."