17

The traveling was rather boring, no one really talked to one another. They all had something on there mind, Naruto on what he was supposed to say to Sasuke, Sakura on making sure she didn't blow Sasuke's cover, Yamato on seeing the man who put him through, and Sai on why these two were going through great lengths for their friend. None of them even realized just how silent they were being, all they could think about was the mission. They were getting close to the bridge they were supposed to meet Sasori's spy on, not really knowing what to expect. This was a person who managed to trick Orochimaru, the king of all traitors, it had to be someone special. When they reached the bridge Naruto raised his hand up for them to wait, he wanted to see the spy before the spy saw them.

The spy walked on to the bridge and no one could believe it, Naruto jumped out, "Kabuto, I never thought in a million years you'd be betraying Orochimaru. I'm starting to wonder if anyone can trust you. Do you even know who the hell you're working for anymore."

Kabuto smirked, "I work for myself, I believe in sticking with the winning team. As for Sasori I was actually double crossing him as well. I was sent here to lead him into a trap to kill him, he's no longer of any use to us. Although I would guess he's dead, given that you're here instead of him."

Naruto scowled, "I'm guessing this trap is going to be sprung on us now isn't it?"

Kabuto chuckled, "Smart kid, if you're really smart you'll turn back now while I'm feeling generous."

Naruto looked Kabuto in eye and smiled, "this was trap set for Sasori, not us. We killed Sasori and his partner. I think we can handle whatever you've got planned for us."

Kabuto laughed, "if that's what you want then fine. I'm going to enjoy dissecting you, I've never gotten to look inside a jinjuriki before."

Sakura stepped forward, "You guys go on ahead, I'll handle him."

Naruto shook his head, "no way, you can't expect me to leave you alone with this guy he's at least and elite jonin, besides we don't even know where to go.'

Sakura nodded, "true, but he's a medic-nin like me, I know how he fights. I may be chunin but I'm a jonin level fighter. I can handle this until you guys get Sasuke, Naruto I know the Kyuubi can lead you to Sasuke."

Naruto hesitate, "you sure, Kurama says he's pretty far away?"

Sakura didn't answer, she just got into fighting position. Naruto motioned for the others to keep moving, he knew Sakura could at least hold her own in a fight and they needed to find Sasuke.

"How much farther Kurama?" Naruto asked, they had been moving for about 10 minutes.

"About 15 miles, it should take you about 8 minutes at top speed," Kurama replied.

Naruto yelled to the others, "let's pick it up, we can't leave Sakura alone with Kabuto for too long and we're not far from Sasuke."

It wasn't long before they reached a clearing and Kurama told them to stop, "what is it?"

"They're directly below us, there must be an entrance near by," Kurama told them.

"Kurama say's they're right under us, anyone have an idea where the sentence is or are we bursting in?" Naruto asked them.

Yamato spoke up, "I can use my wood style to dig under the ground and bust in ceiling."

"Do it," said Naruto.

Yamato place his hands on the ground and it began to shake, before they knew it the ground crumpled and they did there best to land gracefully. They looked around and saw massive stone snake, "I think we're in the right place."