12

When Naruto got back from the Leaf and told Mei what happened she nearly went back there herself to melt Danzo, luckily Naruto was able talk her down and tell her it all end up for the best. She went even more wide eyed when Naruto told her about his talk with Kurama.

"You're telling the mighty Kyuubi agreed to work with you and that is name isn't Kyuubi it's Kurama. You really know how to keep us on our toes Naruto-kun," she said, trying to process all the information.

Naruto laughed, "what can I say, I don't like it when things are boring."

Mei laughed and grabbed Naruto's hand, "come on."

Naruto looked confused, "where to?"

Mei smiled, "I'm still pissed about what Danzo said, I'm gonna show just how much you mean to me."

Naruto smiled and picked Mei up bridal style and carried her to the bedroom, it was gonna be a good night.

The next few months went by without much excitement, the only thing that really happened was Danzo was kicked off the council for trying to go behind there back, Tsunade wanted to go so far as to try him for treason, but she chose not to, she really didn't want deal fallout that would come if she did.

Naruto had gotten fantastic with his wind jutsu, he learned nearly all of his father's wind techniques, and he'd learned a fair amount of fire jutsu which worked perfectly with oil released by the toads.

Mei was doing quite well with the toads too, she quickly found that her elemental jutsu went fantastically with the toads. She could summon Gamabunta, though it took a large amount of her chakra, and all of the other toads as well. Over the past 2 years she had become much stronger simply by combining her jutsu with there's.

Naruto and Mizura were doing fantastically with sealing, the Uzumaki scrolls were absolutely amazing, and Naruto had a natural talent for sealing that Mizura had never even imagined was possible. Mizura wasn't really teaching him anything at this point, he's was just reading the Uzumaki scrolls with him and improving himself. Mizura asked Naruto one day why he was ok with him reading the Uzumaki scrolls, to which Naruto simply told him that he didn't really mind who read the scrolls, as long as it was improving the Mist or the Leaf.

Zawabo was currently helping him in combining the Rasengan with Cyclone Shuriken, but it proved to be rather difficult. Still, they continued to work on it, it's not like it was first time Naruto had something challenging to do, he sure as hell wasn't gonna give up now.

Last but not least, Naruto had been training with the Kurama's chakra. It was extreme hard on his body, but thanks to him being an Uzumaki and Kurama's chakra he healed relatively easily. He now had nearly unlimited chakra. All in all things were going great.

Another 2 months past, and it was time for the Mist to host the chunnin exams. Mei's birthday had been about a month ago, Naruto was know 17, and about two weeks after her birthday she had started to act a little strange. Naruto couldn't quite put his finger on it, but she was acting differently, she was always in bathroom first thing in the morning, she was getting into strange moods, little things like that.

Naruto chose not to look to far into it, he would respect Mei's privacy unless things got too out of hand. He had other things to worry about as it was, he had to go and meet Shikamaru and Sakura to escort them to the Mist for the exams. It took him about two hours after leaving the Mist to find them.

Sakura was very happy to see Naruto, as always, "Naruto-kun," she had added the suffix last year, "how are you doing?"

Naruto laughed and gave her hug, "I'm doing pretty good, how about you?"