24

Mei nearly beat Naruto half to death when he returned, it was kinda hard to miss just how dangerous the fight had been, but she was happy that Pain was gone. She was shocked however to find out the legendary Madara Uchiha was still alive and planning to put in an endless dream.

Mei didn't like the sound of that at all, "We're going to have to bring this up at the Five Kage Summit. We need all the help we can get if we're going after him."

Naruto was quite confused at what she was talking about, "the what?"

The babies started to cry and Mei picked up Asuma and Naruto picked up Mito, "The five Kages have decided that sense only three of the jinjurikis remain, you, Gaara, and the Raikages brother, we need to get together and decided what to do."

Naruto rocked Mito softly, "Alright, you sure this wasn't just some ploy by Baachan to see the kids again?"

Mei laughed at the little joke, "She might be willing to do that, but no. From what you've told me this isn't going be easy. We all need to work together if we're going to win this."

Naruto walked into the kitchen and got some breastmilk from the fridge and put it in some warm water, "Good point, I watched all of the his fights Nagato, oh sorry that's Pain's real name, witnessed. The man was never hit once, the attack literally went through him, and he had some kind of teleportation jutsu that rivaled my dad's."

Mei walked into the kitchen as well, "would you warm one of those up for me please. As strong as he may be, I think with the power of the five Kage and two fully powered jinjurikis we can stop him."

Naruto put the milk into bottles and handed one to Mei, "Yeah, but we have to figure out how to hit him first."

Mei put the bottle in Asuma's mouth, "Details, details. What about that Zetsu guy, what did Pain, oh right Nagato, know about him?"

Naruto gave Mito her bottle too, "Not much actually, the only thing he knew for sure is that he could faze in and out of objects and that he could make solid clones that can take more than one hit."

Mei sighed, "That's great, another unknown variable."

Naruto kissed his wife on the cheek, "Don't worry, between all of us they don't stand a snowball's chance in hell."

Sasuke looked around Madara's base, the man clearly didn't have any real emotional attachments. When he looked in all the other Akatsuki member's rooms he found that most of them kept at least some symbol of their past besides their headband.

He had looked around the deceased members rooms first, not like they could object. In Sasori's he found a small picture of him with his parents as a child before they had died, he even kept the first puppet his parents had helped him make.

Deidara had sculptures that he had made while in the Rock, according to Zetsu he alway used to say, "A true artist knows his past and draws from it. These may not be my best work, but they've made me who I am."

Kakuzu kept had the scrolls that we're made by his sensei from the Waterfall. His sensei was apparently the only person who didn't abandoned him when he was defeated by the First Hokage. He had actually made the vast majority of the Waterfall's original water jutsus. Kakuzu took them when he left, in his opinion they didn't deserve anything made by his sensei, it was too good for them.

Hidan, as you might expect, kept things that were slightly more disturbing. He actually preserved the eye's of the last leader of the Land of Hot Water, saying that he didn't need them as he was blind. Admittedly his wasn't as sentimental as the others, more like creepy.

Sasuke had to fight back tears when he found that his brother had kept the bow that they always used to practice with. All those years and all those lies and he still couldn't let go of it.