13

Gaara stood on top of the Kazekage tower, looking out at Suna. He was made Kazekage after his father died, and he quickly found the people had not had a high opinion of his father, not that he could blame them. His father was warmonger who nearly lead Suna to destruction. The village still feared him, but they soon came to respect, and accepted him as a good Kazekage.

He sensed two people on the roof with him, he turned around expecting to see Kankuro and Temari, but instead he saw a strange man with a hump and blonde man with one eye.

The man with the hump spoke first, "so, it looks like another Kazekage dies at my hands, Suna always was the weakest of the five great ninja nations."

Gaara scowled, "do not threaten me or insult Suna, it will result in your death if you do."

The blonde laughed, "ha, look at that the kids got spunk. This one should be fun eh Sasori."

Gaara's eyes went wide at the name, everyone in Suna knew about Sasori of the red sand, possibly the greatest puppet master to date. He was what Kankuro strived to be.

"Deidara, why don't we stop chatting and get this over with," Sasori said.

Gaara got into a fighting stance and prepared for battle, this wouldn't be an easy fight.

Kankuro was walking to the Kazekages office to see his brother, he'd been very busy lately and Kankuro planned to drag him out of the office. The ground beneath him began to shake and looked up. He saw one of Gaara's most powerful moves, Great Sand Tsunami.

A large explosion erupted and Kankuro rushed to see his brother, he had a bad feeling about this.

Deidara had Gaara slung over his back, in his effort to save his village from Deidara's explosive clay Gaara had left himself open to Sasori's poisons, he was now completely paralyzed.

They looked over to see a man with two puppets jumping in front of them. Sasori smiled inwardly, eager to see how puppet user would fair.

Temari rushed over to Kazekages office and saw Kankuro passes out on the roof, "Kankuro are you ok, where's Gaara."

"Akatsuki...got em...poisoned me...red sand," he mumbled before he passed out.

Temari had tears in her eyes, she fears for both her brothers lives.

Naruto stood in his wife's office attempting to wipe the sleep from his eyes. He wasn't often woke up 5:00 in the morning, so he knew it had to be important.

"What wrong Mei-chan, are you ok, something with the babies?" Naruto asked worried, his wife was now 5 months pregnant, so naturally his was a bit nervous.

Mei shook her head, "no, we've just gotten word the Kazekage, your old friend Gaara, has been kidnapped by the Akatsuki."

Naruto slammed his fist on the desk, "what! Well then what the hell we waiting for, lets get going!"

Mei smiled and sighed, "Naruto-kun, you know it's not that simple. We're getting a team together for you to go with, we're sending Mizura and Huyri with you. You can leave in an hour."

Naruto nodded and turned to leave, Mei grabbed his hand and pulled him into a tight hug and a kiss, "please Naruto-kun, be careful."

Naruto smiled gently at his wife, "I will Mei-chan, you and the babies just take it easy. I love you."

Mei snuggled into his neck, "I love you too."

Naruto waited for Mizura and Huyri, it was driving him insane waiting for them.

The two them walked up to Naruto, "What took you so long!?"

Mizura startled, "we're only 5 minutes late."